Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Another Tesla Screw-up? (Three-position dynamic LED Turning Light)

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got my car back for some other issues - and attaching a text message convo between me and service - "Tesla is aware of this, and will be sending out replacement lights in the future, at which time we will reach out to you for replacement."

Attachments

• Capture4.JPG
    Capture4.JPG
    45.9 KB · Views: 174
So the Service Centre says that this is the first they have been advised of this being an issue. They are not aware of this having ever been an issue. I then forwarded them an email which I have received from Tesla sales saying that they acknowledged this being an issue on some cars. SC called me back saying yes, they are aware of the issue, but dont have a timeline on when this will be resolved. I find that unacceptable given this problem has now been going on for months.

1. Have sent Elon a tweet (hopefully he reads it)
2. Have escalated the issue to an executive through My Tesla

Suggest others should be doing something similar.

This is totally unacceptable. Have paid for a car which is not up to specifications it has been advertised as.

Reactions: CarbonFree
So the Service Centre says that this is the first they have been advised of this being an issue. They are not aware of this having ever been an issue. I then forwarded them an email which I have received from Tesla sales saying that they acknowledged this being an issue on some cars. SC called me back saying yes, they are aware of the issue, but dont have a timeline on when this will be resolved. I find that unacceptable given this problem has now been going on for months.

1. Have sent Elon a tweet (hopefully he reads it)
2. Have escalated the issue to an executive through My Tesla

Suggest others should be doing something similar.

This is totally unacceptable. Have paid for a car which is not up to specifications it has been advertised as.

I escalated to the executive team and all they did was have the service center called me and tell me that they were aware of the issue and we're compiling a list of vehicles and they would come up with a solution but would not give me a timetable. Honestly I just I think that they are hoping this will get swept under the rug and people will forget.

Well, I am not going to let them do that....out of principle. They have admitted its an issue, so are legally bound to solve it within a reasonable time-frame. They can’t take months and months...

Agreed. It annoys me when I see people here comment that the adaptive lights aren't great anyway or it's not a big deal. If they aren't going to give us them then we should get credit back or something for them

Not the best picture because it's parked outside right now, but you can sort of make out the top row LEDs. I do also have the adaptive light setting in the menu.
I have the top row LEDs (A1, A2, A3 as described earlier) but no adaptive light setting in the menu.
Non-PUP, ordered early August.

Should be a simple software feature upgrade?