Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any good alternative for basenor mudflap?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
These have been great - $30 for four. They fit 2023 AWD Austin build. Easy install, no bolts, and the material isn’t hard plastic or floppy rubber.

Here’s closer shot of the rear flap. These also use 2 clips and don’t require that rear bolt like others do.
IMG_8665.jpeg

IMG_8739.jpeg

Like other mudflats, you get a couple extra clips, but unlike others this vendor puts each flap in its own fabric bag 🤔

Last edited:
friend just got his Y 3 months ago and installed the basenor mudflaps. Didn't have any issues. One screw under the car he couldn't fully remove so he just did what I did, snip the mud flap, slide it in between the screw then tighten it backup

Reactions: EVChris
Another vote for the Rally Armor. Yes they are expensive, but there are real benefits. They maintain flexibility in the cold which makes a big difference in snow country(easier to shed snow build up in the wheel well). They offer extra protection from rock and other road debris. Because they are flexible they will not break going over speed bumps, snow ruts or washboard roads. They last - same set for 17 years on my Subaru that spends significant time in winter conditions and regular dirt road use.

If you live in a mild climate with clean roads they are probably more than is needed.

Reactions: Chewy13 and lolsups
Check with you local Tesla service center. In Connecticut, I learned that they will provide and install free OEM mud flaps and OEM paint protection for the lower rear doors. If you do buy aftermarket mud flaps, I would avoid the ones to cover a portion of the painted surface. Grit can get in there and damage the paint. I like the RokBlokz, but they are pricy.
FYI, I live in Connecticut, picking up MY in MT Kisco tomorrow. I emailed service center ahead of delivery and they told me I would need to purchase the mudflaps /PPF and schedule a service appointment to have them installed after delivery. Not sure if they no loner offer this or I am just unlucky.

FYI, I live in Connecticut, picking up MY in MT Kisco tomorrow. I emailed service center ahead of delivery and they told me I would need to purchase the mudflaps /PPF and schedule a service appointment to have them installed after delivery. Not sure if they no loner offer this or I am just unlucky.
Make a service appointment at Milford. They installed my mudflaps and rear door PPF for free.

FWIW: Just installed the CYBERBEANS ones on my Aug 2023 MYLR after seeing you mention them here. Fit perfectly, took me maybe 10 mins to install. Really happy with them.
Nice. I forgot to post a follow-up in here so thanks for the reminder. Hah!

Installed these a while back and they've been great. Not much rain here in California but worked nicely for the "hurricane" we recently had and they haven't come loose (my biggest worry). No other issues either so far. Solid purchase; would still recommend.

Reactions: DanZiz