Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any hack to remove the autopilot nag?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
A driver sits in the driver seat
If a driver is not touching the steering wheel, how long do you think it takes to grab the wheel? 5minutes or something?

Even If your hand is on the wheel, you're options are limited to try dodging a deer at that speed. jerking the wheel sharply left or right is not safe. You could turn sharp left/right and never recover. sometimes you have have to hit the deer if you're going too fast. The speed you going will always play a factor in anything

suspension? I can grab the wheel in less than 1 second. not sure why you think every incident means INSTANT crash

Be honest.

Try this test with your hand 6 - 13 inches from your mouse.

Reaction Time Test

In an automotive emergency....you have to get your hand to the wheel.....apply the correct amount of pressure to the right or the left.

Is it worth it?

Geesh…...just hold the darn wheel.

If a driver is not touching the steering wheel, how long do you think it takes to grab the wheel? 5minutes or something?

Even If your hand is on the wheel, you're options are limited to try dodging a deer at that speed. jerking the wheel sharply left or right is not safe. You could turn sharp left/right and never recover. sometimes you have have to hit the deer if you're going too fast. The speed you going will always play a factor in anything

suspension? I can grab the wheel in less than 1 second. not sure why you think every incident means INSTANT crash

You and others also make it seem like, as long as you're not using a hack, you can overcome ANY bad incident that happens to you while driving. That's just a silly false sense of security
You asked me about a single emergency situation …...didn't you.

I didn't say anything about every single incident.

• Disagree
Reactions: ElectricIAC

You and others also make it seem like, as long as you're not using a hack, you can overcome ANY bad incident that happens to you while driving. That's just a silly false sense of security

You might be amazingly above average in your lightning fast and accurate reaction time.

Would you suggest weights for everyone no matter what their reaction time is?

• Disagree
In an automotive emergency....you have to get your hand to the wheel.....apply the correct amount of pressure to the right or the left.

Is it worth it?

l.

All your examples are something happening to the driver (I.e. seizure)
You keep forgetting, even if my hands are not on the wheel, the Tesla AP is STILL DRIVING, you know this right?
You talking as if a tire blows out, the AP just cuts off or something, and now the car is in some tailspin.
But let me guess, the tire could blow and the tesla computer fail at the same time right??

All your examples are something happening to the driver (I.e. seizure)
You keep forgetting, even if my hands are not on the wheel, the Tesla AP is STILL DRIVING, you know this right?
You talking as if a tire blows out, the AP just cuts off or something, and now the car is in some tailspin.
But let me guess, the tire could blow and the tesla computer fail at the same time right??

AP releases when the force is strong enough on the wheel.

You know that right?

You mean to tell me that AP would still be running after a blowout or trying to avoid a deer?

You mean you would'nt jerk the wheel to hold the car straight or jerk it to avoid a deer? Would you just lightly tap the wheel in order to keep AP going?

There is no possible way you wouldn't put enough force on the wheel to disengage AP. That's simply ridiculous.

AP releases when the force is strong enough on the wheel.

You know that right?

okay. so when a tire loses air. how much force is that?
go blow your tire and let us know when the AP will cut off

so when you hit a deer, that turns AP off?
when you lose suspension, that turns AP off?
I'm just mentioning examples of what other people said is bad when you have the hack on

I've still always said, if you're paying attention, just grab the wheel
I'm just trying to say that once an incident happens, its not an instant crash like you trying to make it seem like

Do you think that's quick enough to correct for a blowout @70mph and not hit anything?

Do you think that's quick enough to avoid a deer jumping out 100 feet in front of the car?

hmmmmm.

Of course not, these are almost ideal numbers when the event is expected to happen. It'll be way over a second in real life where for example traveling at 70mph is over 100 feet.

• Funny
You mean to tell me that AP would still be running after a blowout or trying to avoid a deer?

You mean you would'nt jerk the wheel to hold the car straight or jerk it to avoid a deer? Would you just lightly tap the wheel in order to keep AP going?

s.

Of course that would turn it off
but that supports my position that if you're paying attention, you can just grab the wheel
but wait, you said hitting a deer is a problem when using a hack, yet you proved that you can grab the wheel...

Of course not, these are almost ideal numbers when the event is expected to happen. It'll be way over a second in real life where for example traveling at 70mph is over 100 feet.

Exactly.

70mph is 102 feet per second.

I wonder how many people want to play with that scenario with a steering wheel weight.

That's just negligent all over the place. Oh well.

• Disagree

the fact of the matter is, ap on, hack or not, if you're going fast, you're not going to be able to avoid the deer
people are responding like you're guaranteed to avoid the deer if the hack is not on, smh
Speed, distance, timing of deer jumping out all plays a role,not just the dag on hack

Of course that would turn it off
but that supports my position that if you're paying attention, you can just grab the wheel
but wait, you said hitting a deer is a problem when using a hack, yet you proved that you can grab the wheel...

I'll type this slower so that I can be clearer.

If a deer jumps out in front of your car @ 70mph.....150 feet in front of you.....

You know what? This is stupid.

Let me say this:

My cameras better not catch someone hitting me with a weight in their wheel. I don't care if someone was paying attention or not. I'm going to hold court on the side of the road and I will be judge and jury.

They would wish they hit a deer.

• Disagree
I'll type this slower so that I can be clearer.

If a deer jumps out in front of your car @ 70mph.....150 feet in front of you.....

You know what? This is stupid.

Let me say this:

My cameras better not catch someone hitting me with a weight in their wheel. I don't care if someone was paying attention or not.

how in the world will camera on a tesla or in your car catch weight on another drivers steering wheel?
are you being serious right now?

So you don't use the hack
tell me what you would do going 70mph and a deer jumps out
you seem to be able to guarantee us you will avoid the deer and not crash
clearly all situation of deer jumping out is not as simple as this
they don't all jump out at same speed and distance from you
visiblity is different depending on road you on
but of course you make it this simple to fit your narrative

how in the world will camera on a tesla or in your car catch weight on another drivers steering wheel?
are you being serious right now?

So you don't use the hack
tell me what you would do going 70mph and a deer jumps out
you seem to be able to guarantee us you will avoid the deer and not crash
clearly all deers jumping out is not as simply as this
but of course you make it this simple to fit your narrative

Absolutely I am serious.

Why in Gods name would I use a hack. For what? What in the world would I gain?

Be negligent in my eyes and hit me? Court will be in session. Guilty on all accounts.

Time for sentencing.

• Disagree
Absolutely I am serious.

My cameras are high enough to see steering wheels.

lol you're a joke
I hit you from behind and your cameras catch my steering wheel huh?
lol hilarious

you really think there will be an incident where I crash into you using a hack?
but that's the craziness you trying to push to this thread, like something like that would happen
I mean of course it could, but you could get by lightning twice tomorrow as well...