Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any non-employee get to configure their Model 3 yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Received my invite yesterday. California; in store 3/31 10:15 AM non owner.

?? Your post says "non owner", yet your signature says "Model 3 75D (SOLD)". Did you have the 75D when you reserved (or at some point after) so that Tesla might have bumped your priority based on that? If not, then you're the first non-employee, non-owner that I've seen.

In any case, congratulations! If you would, please update the "Model 3 invites to configure" spreadsheet with your info. Thanks!

• Helpful
Reactions: EinSV
0D8F6F32-253F-4531-9768-4EED22DA4B60.jpeg

this is way too casual. is there more information? how did this happen? here is significance of what you said:

a) this is first owner, non-employee delivery
b) first recorded delivery to east coast
Not first recorded east coast delivery. Other prior FL and NC deliveries that i know of happened with employees and/or influentialTesla-related people. Both FL and NC deliveries have been otherwise reported on TMC. Maybe others too, I do not recall them.

Certainly this one was casual. I was picking up my car from a routine service and asked if there were any model 3's around, and was allowed to see these two. I did not have the opportunity to view them in detail. One of the other Model 3's in FL was even briefly listed on Turo, but was quickly withdrawn.

Not first recorded east coast delivery. Other prior FL and NC deliveries that i know of happened with employees and/or influentialTesla-related people. Both FL and NC deliveries have been otherwise reported on TMC. Maybe others too, I do not recall them.

Certainly this one was casual. I was picking up my car from a routine service and asked if there were any model 3's around, and was allowed to see these two. I did not have the opportunity to view them in detail. One of the other Model 3's in FL was even briefly listed on Turo, but was quickly withdrawn.

It sounds like these are still "pseudo employee" or "connected" type people taking early delivery.

Regular schmoes on the east coast getting delivery at this point would be an extremely big deal.

Reactions: S3XY
It sounds like these are still "pseudo employee" or "connected" type people taking early delivery.

Regular schmoes on the east coast getting delivery at this point would be an extremely big deal.

exactly my point. anyway, i was in this SC on monday and they told me an employee did take a delivery at this location on 1-Dec. i then asked when's the next employee M3 delivery and they stated they cannot talk about M3 at all until its public knowledge.

I'm a non-employee received my Model 3 configuration email today. Not planning to order one but keeping it in queue for future date.

Placed Model 3 reservation online during unveiling. Currently a new Model S owner November 2017 delivery date.