Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any other country missing Navigation, TACC, homelink, music services and autopilot?

Do you have the following?

• Navigation

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • TACC (if you paid for AP)

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • AP (if you paid for AP)

Votes: 9 81.8%
  • Slacker or spotify

Votes: 10 90.9%
  • Homelink

Votes: 7 63.6%

• Total voters
This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

TesTaipei

Tesla Ambassador to Taiwan!
Sep 23, 2016
Taipei
Hello, first off, I really like my tesla. I love how it drives. I love how smart it is. And I love the company's vision.

I am however extremely frustrated by tesla taiwan and the clear lack of care for the 100+ owners in taiwan. Tesla started delivering model s in January in taiwan. Three months later we still don't have any of the following:
  1. Plain old navigation. No directions. Nothing. We all have to stare at our phones for directions, which is quite dangerous I find. And no, we have no browser functionality either, so no waze or any alternatives
  2. Any form of autopilot., including TACC. I know everyone is complaining about autopilot 1 parity. We have nothing here. Not even the most basic TACC, let alone autosteering etc. Most of us have paid for at least enhanced autopilot.
  3. Music services: the us got slacker and most other countries have Spotify. We have neither. Only tunein which everyone has I think
  4. Homelink: also missing
If your country is also missing some of these features can you let me know?

Tesla taiwan's official support line is spewing lies that no one in the world has navigation. I don't know if they really think we just don't know English or don't know how to google. The next thing we hear is that some countries don't have these. So I'm here to get some facts.

Some owners here are now in the process of pursuing law suits and contacting media. Navigation at the very least was written in their offers on the taiwan website. Autopilot was touted heavily in the sales processes. As was Spotify, and more. What is even more worrisome is that we just got told that the reason for no navigation is that tesla decided not to buy the data from third party provider and decided to write this themselves, just in taiwan. This sounds like a long delay to me. They also have absolutely no timeline on TACC or autopilot.

Any feedback or advice would be deeply appreciated.

• Informative
Reactions: AnxietyRanger
Canada here. Pretty much full-featured except one thing : we can't have summon using the car's remote. Only the app works and only in "dead man switch" mode. i.e. you need to hold the button on the phone during the whole maneuver. We also have red seat belt release buttons & can't turn off DRLs.

That's the sum of it. Rest of the car is US spec - even the SIM card for the 3G/LTE connection is an AT&T card and its roaming on Canada's providers.

So : Nav, TACC, AP, Slacker & TuneIn as well as homelink for us.

...no one in the world has navigation...

I am sorry that you got such an answer which I can't help but to relate to the USA trend of spreading rumors like the former President is not a USA citizen but an African, 2017 USA Presidential inauguration crowd was biggest...

We just have to sort facts from fictions nowadays.

I think for the navigation to work, Tesla needs to push in appropriate Garmin maps for a particular region.

Some countries don't have navigation because Tesla has not set that up such as the Philippines, Russia...

Mainland China owners didn't have navigation when Tesla first delivered cars for a while.

Tesla had to setup another kind of map (not Google) for the 17" screen just for the mainland due to government's regulation which took some time to work out.

In Taiwan's case, I don't know what the hold up is (governmental, commercial or technical) but eventually, Tesla will make it right.

It would be helpful if you push on the 17" screen for the "T" icon on the top center for your firmware version.

Currently it is: 8.1 (17.11.10)

In any case, Tesla will make sure your Navigation, TACC, AP, Slacker/Spotify, Homelink will work but we just don't know when.

I discovered that there are separate Homelink modules on the car, and that they can be swapped, e.g. if you have a US sourced garage opener, the US Homelink module is more likely to be able to open it. In an EU car you can swap out the module for a US one.

I wonder why they left out Homelink for Chinese cars? Perhaps there is another standard they are not (yet) able to cater for.

It is quite possible that if they solve Middle East, North Africa will be covered too because Garmin and others issue maps covering both together...
I'm not sure. I found that in Morocco turn by turn navigation does not work because of Google. In fact Google turn by turn navigation in not available in Morocco.
I hope they will soon enable the new maps with mapbox like in Taiwan and in all model 3. It will fix the issue in Morocco if they do that.