Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any Signature Model X owners NOT receive their car yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Well, our car has cleared purgatory and is waiting for a truck to bring it to Portland, OR.

My DS cautioned me that there may by repairs needed at the service center but he hopes they'll be minimal, if any. I'm cautiously optimistic that the car will be ready for our trip to Canada!

Tesla enacted a rule that the earliest X's can be delivered is 8 days after arrival at the SC. Just make sure you're adding that to your estimate.

I've bitten my tongue for some time now, but after seeing all these Production deliveries when our Sig is still "body in white" I'm starting to lose my patience. What the heck is going on?!

Escalate. Talk to Tesla in a calm and mature manner and communicate your dissatisfaction. If Tesla is not meeting their commitments, and your delivery experience is subpar, they should hear from you. Many here are willing to be very patient (myself included), but that may not be what's best for the long term success of the company.

Tesla enacted a rule that the earliest X's can be delivered is 8 days after arrival at the SC. Just make sure you're adding that to your estimate.

I understand that cars have to undergo an inspection at the Service Center to make sure they weren't damaged in transit, but why does it take 8 days to do this? Shouldn't all of the major QC work take place at the factory?

I understand that cars have to undergo an inspection at the Service Center to make sure they weren't damaged in transit, but why does it take 8 days to do this? Shouldn't all of the major QC work take place at the factory?
One reason is that when applying current firmware they want to test over multiple days as some problems do not happen immediately. I had to wait a week as well.

I've finally been informed that my SigX has finished production and is awaiting a truck for delivery to the SC. So just throwing out my dates:

Jan 4 - "body in white"
Jan 12 - begun production
Jan 14 - finished, general assembly, moving to final production (QA)
Mar 6 - finished all production, awaiting transport to SC

2 day period for general assembly and almost 8 weeks for "final" inspection.

Chanman...that is almost painful to read. I am now revising my own expectation(s) and would be delighted if it happens before the middle of April. You seem to be getting more specific dates for "finished....etc." I have not been told that those stages were even available to know....

I've finally been informed that my SigX has finished production and is awaiting a truck for delivery to the SC. So just throwing out my dates:

Jan 4 - "body in white"

If they decided to do a rebuild your VIN would change.

There is a discussion over on the TM forums regarding if a VIN can be reused if a car never makes it out of the factory--for example a case potentially like this where they have to rebuild the frame. I don't think anyone had a definitive answer last time I looked at the thread--its clear once the car leaves the factory, but less clear before that.

Escalate. Talk to Tesla in a calm and mature manner and communicate your dissatisfaction. If Tesla is not meeting their commitments, and your delivery experience is subpar, they should hear from you. Many here are willing to be very patient (myself included), but that may not be what's best for the long term success of the company.

Who should I escalate to?

Our car hasn't shipped yet but the DS expected it to do so this afternoon or tomorrow morning. Then again, he doesn't have any concrete information until it actually gets on a truck. I guess it takes about 8-10 hours to get to the service center from the factory.

Jan 4 - "body in white"

Well that's confusing. So they don't consider producing a "body in white" as part of the production process? Or maybe that next step should read "getting painted"?

Glad to see some of you sigs finally seeing some movement!

Remember there are Model X Signature owners who have yet to order their car. They are non-transferable and have already paid $40k down. What could they be waiting for?

After some of the changes between the prototype and the X revealed Sept 30th...perhaps they wish to actually drive the X/sit in it/personally visualize the space with the seats pulled forward. In addition, after hearing about some early QC problems..waiting to have those worked out. Many waited 3+ years and are willing to wait a couple more months. Just sayin':wink:

After some of the changes between the prototype and the X revealed Sept 30th...perhaps they wish to actually drive the X/sit in it/personally visualize the space with the seats pulled forward. In addition, after hearing about some early QC problems..waiting to have those worked out. Many waited 3+ years and are willing to wait a couple more months. Just sayin':wink:
+1. That's pretty on par with what I've heard from a few people now.

That describes me quite well. The incremental wait really isn't a thing either for me - it helps that I'm approaching this as a car I hope to be driving for another 20+ years; a few months either way makes no difference.

Oh - and with the long delay to get here, now it's my turn to add to the delay :) Other things going on in life that makes it better to wait a few more months while the other things get handled, and then come back to Model X.