Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any thoughts on when we might see a FSD beta software upgrade?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

D.E.

Uncorked
Oct 12, 2016
MI
I finally got my cameras upgraded so now I’m fully compatible with the FSD beta software upgrade. I was told at the service center I could expect it within 24 hours. Wouldn’t you know it, the FSD recall was announced that very day, so no software upgrade for me.

Any thoughts on when the recall compatible software upgrade might be available?

• Funny
Reactions: byeLT4
Nobody outside of Tesla really knows.

V11 has been distributed to employees for a couple of weeks now. Historically we'd see the early release YT's get it a week later and us mere mortals a couple of weeks after that. Normally I'd guess another 3 weeks.

But this recall thing may have complicated things. It appears Tesla wants the fixes incorporated with V11. That's speculation however, but what's clear is the normal process has been interrupted so its probably accurate. That means it's back to development. As such, I'd say at least another month before public distribution at best and more likely 6 weeks for folks like us.

But that's just my guess. If

I put the laughing emoji because there is no crying one! I am in the exact same boat! Cameras updated last week and then software update to 8.10.11, which skips the 8.10.10 beta update 😭. I guess I'll be patiently waiting....

Reactions: D.E.
I finally got my cameras upgraded so now I’m fully compatible with the FSD beta software upgrade. I was told at the service center I could expect it within 24 hours. Wouldn’t you know it, the FSD recall was announced that very day, so no software upgrade for me.

Any thoughts on when the recall compatible software upgrade might be available?
Which software version do you have now? You won't get a FSD Beta build that isn't newer than what you have now.

if the rule is that everything in the recall MUST be fixed before Beta can rollout again? And that NHTSA must confirm that ALL the issues are fully fixed?

YOu have a loooong wait, buddy

Thank God I activated my FSD beta last month LOL. This would make me absolutely nuts if I just picked up my car or had the cameras redone only to be told sorry, no eta. Especially when we know Tesla loves to give unrealistic dates

That's older than the newest FSD Beta version, so that won't be a problem. That's a pretty old version, I'm assuming because your car was too old for some of the newer updates. Did you also update to MCU2 with your other hardware upgrades?
I had the computer upgrade some time ago. I was just waiting for the cameras.