Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any tickets from Launch Mode ?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You clowns are totally missing my point. My point and question is, has anyone gotten a ticket for launching at a stop light? I don't care what mode you're in. I'm curious if any police have taken issue with the rate of acceleration and tried to claim it was either reckless or racing and given a ticket for it. Thanks. Sorry if my OP was confusing you.

Did you see the link to the thread provided in the third post? That's a thread started by someone who had exactly that happen, while he was test driving the car.

I launched (normal launch) with a Cop directly behind the car behind me, I did not see him. I was on a road that is 55 and when I got to 55 I let off like I normally do. So I didn't exceed the speed limit. He quickly pulled me over and seemed just as interested in what he had just seen as he was upset. He was like, "Whoah!" He then asked the usual, "do you know how fast you were going?" I said, "yes. 55." he took my license and registration and came back and let me go.

I was not racing anyone I had a friend in the car and was having fun. I asked him if there was a law against "quick acceleration." I honestly didn't know the answer. He said something about the appearance of drag racing or something like that, it seemed thin. I think he did it more because there were a lot of cars around and he didn't want to look like he had let this banshee of a car show off and get away with it.

If I were truly racing off the line with another car I think it would of been a different story, even though I let off at the speed limit when doing that on the same road as well.

Reactions: bhzmark and tezzla
I was showing a friend the car, launched at a light, oblivious to the cop behind me. Cop pulled me over. After running my paper and seeing no infractions, he said the following: "You obviously didn't see me. The light was red, you were there, I looked down at my computer for a quick moment, the light was green, you weren't there. How did you teleport your car down the road like that? No engine noise, no tire noise?"
I told him it was an electric car, and also a rather quick car. He told me not to do that anymore (launch), and let me go. He had never heard of Tesla before.

I was showing a friend the car, launched at a light, oblivious to the cop behind me. Cop pulled me over. After running my paper and seeing no infractions, he said the following: "You obviously didn't see me. The light was red, you were there, I looked down at my computer for a quick moment, the light was green, you weren't there. How did you teleport your car down the road like that? No engine noise, no tire noise?"
I told him it was an electric car, and also a rather quick car. He told me not to do that anymore (launch), and let me go. He had never heard of Tesla before.

Chalk that one up as an advertisement.

Reactions: Andyw2100