Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any US Model 3 Performance deliveries in 2019?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Took delivery of my car today, when I got in it was throwing errors for autopark, regen braking, and something else, can't remember. They took it back to the service center, we waited an hour or so with no fix and ended up going home in a loaner P85.

I did get mobile access set up before I left, got a notification about 30 minutes ago that a software update was complete, so it seems like they are working on it. No idea on ETA though.

Doh... how did the physical condition look? The rest is just software most likely.

Doh... how did the physical condition look? The rest is just software most likely.
Physical condition was great. Very clean, I couldn't find any paint issues or panel alignment or gap problems.

I'm happy they sent us home in a Tesla loaner. They could have given us nothing or a normal rental. Given the circumstances, this is the best outcome I could have hoped for I think. I'm sure they'll get the issue resolved soon, no worries there.

Picked mine up today, no spoiler on the car. 3 issues -

1. few small rock chips on the rear bumper
2. trunk alignment on the driverside where it meets the rear quarter panel. Not sure this is fixable?
3. some debris in one of the rear tail lights.

Not sure I will bother over the first two problems, but will mention the tail light during serving.

Reactions: destructure00
After Elon's tweet with details on HW3 I decided to pull the trigger today and picked up my Model 3 Performance today.

- White / White Model 3 Performance
- Built 03/2019 - they said it was actually built on the 26th, so four days ago and then shipped to Seattle
- VIN 231XXX
- 6 mies on the odometer
- No paint issues, damage, etc. that I could find after giving it a pretty good inspection
- Dual Motor badge with red underline is installed
- Carbon Fiber spoiler is not installed
- So far so good, everything seems to work
- Came with 2019.5.14.3 - updated to 2019.8.4 right after I got it home

Last edited:
I went to the Tesla center for delivery yesterday. They were busy, but pretty smooth experience, no complaints.

Car looks great and is mostly flawless. Only thing I noticed is the charger cover doesn't quite close all the way. The guy took a picture of it and it sounded like they would handle it easily.

Man, this car is amazing! So fun to drive. It looks hot. The tech is awesome. This is seriously next generation. And the acceleration, wow, it's like a roller coaster, there are times when I wonder if it could make me black out from the g force lol.

You guys will get your soon and you'll be glad you waited. :)
first tesla pics.JPG

Received my car yesterday! White/white performance. Since I ordered before February and used a referral code, I was eligible for 6 months free supercharging, which got percolated down to the moment of delivery. In addition, I got grandfathered in on free FSD upgrade since I bought enhanced autopilot for the old price 5K. So double perk on car delivery! Plus, a rep has confirmed that HW3 computers will start rolling out in about a month and all folks with FSD will get notified to have their cars retrofitted for free.
Loving the car! Will post pictures soon.

Reactions: destructure00
Received my car yesterday! White/white performance. Since I ordered before February and used a referral code, I was eligible for 6 months free supercharging, which got percolated down to the moment of delivery. In addition, I got grandfathered in on free FSD upgrade since I bought enhanced autopilot for the old price 5K. So double perk on car delivery! Plus, a rep has confirmed that HW3 computers will start rolling out in about a month and all folks with FSD will get notified to have their cars retrofitted for free.
Loving the car! Will post pictures soon.
Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, did you get the free FSD down in writing? Is it reflected in your order?

Congrats! If you don’t mind me asking, did you get the free FSD down in writing? Is it reflected in your order?

No. I explicitly asked the associate whether there is a way for me to know if it's FSD. She said no. She says it's bound to my tesla account and I'll be able to see it reflect there in a month or so. From what I understood, tesla is going to modify account profile page to reflect those details. Until then, I have to rely on their word.

No. I explicitly asked the associate whether there is a way for me to know if it's FSD. She said no. She says it's bound to my tesla account and I'll be able to see it reflect there in a month or so. From what I understood, tesla is going to modify account profile page to reflect those details. Until then, I have to rely on their word.
Thanks. Sounds like that’s the case for all of us in the same situation.
Hope you’re enjoying the car! I know I am!

Reactions: krashchiy
Thanks. Sounds like that’s the case for all of us in the same situation.
Hope you’re enjoying the car! I know I am!

I'm lovin' it! (McDonald approves). Ordered some accessories to make it even better: console wrap, screen protector, rubber mats, stickers on door opening buttons that have door icon on them (all my friends I give ride to always pull emergency release not knowing that small button on top with small line icon is the one that should be pressed).

My car was delivered today (northern California)! The trailer was enclosed which was nice. Ended up taking delivery a few blocks away as the driver was concerned about his ability to get in/out of my neighborhood (rural road).

Love it! There are a few dirty spots on the inside I’ll need to clean up but otherwise I haven’t noticed any issues.

Congrats everyone who’s taken delivery these past few days! Anyone still waiting, hopefully you’ll have your cars soon — seems like they did push real hard to get cars out there.

62DA6661-7D43-41C0-BE92-74B661B85D02.jpeg

First of all, congratulations to all the new M3P owners. It is incredible that we are driving sustainable transportation while at the same time having a much faster and responsive vehicle than most ICE vehicles. From the responses we have seen in the US, it looks like no one is getting a rear spoiler. Either the supplier is a complete failure or they are only able to produce enough for Europe and China. Don't forget, once you get your spoiler, you can go ICE hunting with pride.

After Elon's tweet with details on HW3 I decided to pull the trigger today and picked up my Model 3 Performance today.

- White / White Model 3 Performance
- Built 03/2019 - they said it was actually built on the 26th, so four days ago and then shipped to Seattle
- VIN 231XXX
- 6 mies on the odometer
- No paint issues, damage, etc. that I could find after giving it a pretty good inspection
- Dual Motor badge with red underline is installed
- Carbon Fiber spoiler is not installed
- So far so good, everything seems to work
- Came with 2019.5.14.3 - updated to 2019.8.4 right after I got it home

Quick update. Checked the options on my Tesla via the API and I have APH3, so even late March builds are still Autopilot HW3. I bought FSD, so I will be in line for a retrofit (later this year is my guess.)

Just an update to prove Europe M3Ps are being delivered with rear spoiler and badge, see attached picture with red M3P on top of carrier being delivered in Norway. Why are Tesla, TMC, and other Tesla sites so quiet about US owners of M3P not getting rear spoiler/badge when all over sea deliveries seem to have the complete package before delivery?
model-3-norway-1a (2).jpg

Reactions: DesertLurker