Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Any US Model 3 Performance deliveries in 2019?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I configured a Model 3 Performance on Feb 14th to be delivered in the Bay Area with an estimated delivery of February (which it still shows as the predicted delivery date on my account... ugh). Unfortunately, I still haven't had a VIN assigned and with the Performance model being shown to have an estimated 2 week delivery time after last week's announcements, I'm curious to hear if anyone who had placed an order for a performance model has been assigned a VIN in 2019?

I'm thinking there was a pause on M3P production recently to produce more SR models, but I'm hoping to hear that others have been assigned VINs recently!

Now that Model 3 is being delivered internationally we're probably back to the usual pattern of international cars built early in the quarter and California cars built and delivered near the end of the quarter. That way nearly all cars built in the quarter can be delivered in the same quarter.

• Informative
Reactions: Cirrus MS100D
Oh, I also called in about demo Performance Models...I thought with all of the store closings that they may have lots of demo cars they needed to unload.

The lady found a 2018 blue Performance with white interior, EAP + FSD with about 1k miles on it. She said it was $2200 off...I said, no thanks.

Maybe someone else might want it?

Ordered a Performance on 3/3. Not sure why they say “within 2 weeks” when some of you have waited >1-month. I did request a 2019 vehicle...hoping I don’t have to wait crazy long to get one.

When I ordered I just had an estimated delivery date of "February" (actually, I still do) and only recently the site was changed to say "within 2 weeks". I'm hoping that means that they plan to have some Performance models coming off the line very soon to fulfill orders for those who have been waiting a month or more in addition to the orders that have been placed since the announcement last week.

Reactions: adys123
I have been taking my time following a big house move and getting ready to order a blue Model 3 Performance.. had perhaps naively assumed the "under 2 weeks" delivery on the website was completely accurate. Reading comments now in the waiting room here, it looks like I should assume it could be substantially longer, so I should place my order today as I'm sure it's what I am going for and had wanted it by end of March ideally? How does it work in terms of payment, $2500 now and somebody gets in contact later? Thanks for the advice all, love this site from a first look, great community.

I talked with a rep in Fremont today and she seems to think that there should be Model 3 Performance configurations in stock by the end of the month... that's disappointing.
Yes. A little disappointing to hear. I would have thought that they would be producing performance models now that they are ramping up US production.
Does yours still show estimated delivery in February? Mine does.