Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody collected a car from Leeds recently

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Just curious if anyone has collected a car from Leeds service centre? I haven’t seen it mentioned at all, every one seems to be Heathrow, Birmingham or Stockport.
Not sure how many Leeds are doing. It would have been my preference, being the easiest to get to from Derby, but when I ordered in May it wasn’t even an option. I had the choice of Stockport or Birmingham, and picked Stockport because I’d previously found the staff there were better.

How busy is Leeds typically? If I cheekily arrive say an hour before my appointment time, how likely is it I'll be seen early? I'm double booked and a bit nervous I'll be late getting up to Sunderland...

Quite some time since this thread has been updated, but I collected mine from Leeds (live in Newcastle) end of October last year. I turned up about 5 mins late! When I was there it was pretty much dead, within 10 mins I was sitting in my new car ready to leave...they didn't even ask to see my passport (which I had been told to take to prove who I was).

I'm guessing if you turn up early you'll not have any issues...though as there seemed to be only one or two staff there you may just catch them at a busy moment and have to wait!

How busy is Leeds typically? If I cheekily arrive say an hour before my appointment time, how likely is it I'll be seen early? I'm double booked and a bit nervous I'll be late getting up to Sunderland...

Depends on how many people are collecting. I collected in Dec and there were only 2 of us, I did have to wait though to go through the group presentation. Other things to consider is if there are any problems with the car even trivial ones, for example, my car had no floor mats when it should have, that added 20 mins on while they went to find them.

Finally, you will be messing with settings for a good while prior to setting off too.

Depends on how many people are collecting. I collected in Dec and there were only 2 of us, I did have to wait though to go through the group presentation. Other things to consider is if there are any problems with the car even trivial ones, for example, my car had no floor mats when it should have, that added 20 mins on while they went to find them.

Finally, you will be messing with settings for a good while prior to setting off too.

Yeah, I'm hoping the whole thing won't take more than an hour. Appointment is at 15:30 and I have to be in Sunderland and Parked by 19:15 latest. Starting to stress about the times a little ha.

Is that today? I'm at 1530 too so will probably see you there!

Ah no, sorry, tomorrow. Would you mind reporting back on how busy it is and what your experience was like? I'd happily stay there all day, basking in the Tesla experience, but as I say above I'm on a very tight schedule tomorrow :(

Would also be keen to hear of your experience today - I'm there in the morning :cool:

Collected this afternoon from Leeds. 20 minute walk from the train station. 30minutes early for 2 pm booking. Waited 10 minutes (free tea/coffee/coke/biscuits) before shown car and a run through of the controls. All done and out of there by 2.15pm. Guy said they were doing 20ish collections a day but this Saturday they are doing 50ish! Only issue I found was a scratch on the back of the driver seat, so I need to setup up a service appointment for this to be replaced. Very happy.

Reactions: Jez_GB