Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anybody else in La getting jerked around on delivery/VIN

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Okay I was early invite. was given a VIN about 10 days ago
I had it only for a day. then it was pulled from My tesla acct.
was told via phone it was because it had to be
delivered in marina del rey so they had assign new Vin
would be a "few days" they can still give no idea when new vin will be assigned!
anybody else experiencing this round around????????

would be a "few days" they can still give no idea when new vin will be assigned!

Oh the horror!!!!!!!

Wouldn’t sweat it. All will be well. I love a good jerk. That’s not it.

I've read of peoples VINs changing until they got the car delivered.

I would presume that they assign a Vin # out of the batches of completed cars and possibly re-assign at-will until the cars are put on trucks for shipment. Much like the statements made quarters ago about "early on, we will build in batches and buyers will pick from them versus building to-order". Given the limited options available, this makes sense. You may not even get a delivery with the same Vin # as you expect. As long as the paperwork matches the car upon delivery, shouldn't matter. I doubt anyone around here cared about Vin #s much until Tesla came along.

I was wondering if I order with no AP is there no cruise control?
Yes, there is still regular cruise control even without EAP. There are a number of people that have reported it and there are videos on youtube.

Also why do we have to give a total deposit of $3500 when the S & X require only $2500???
The $3,500 includes the $1,000 you put down with your reservation.

Did you get VIN assigned yet? Also how did you configure your car? I was wondering if I order with no AP is there no cruise control? Also why do we have to give a total deposit of $3500 when the S & X require only $2500???

This increases the likelyhood that you won't walk away from the reservation once you "commit" this non-refundable fee.
It also is larger to help the Customer Deposits line item in the financials that end 12/31/2017. But since this is one number and applies to "everything" there is no way to know how many deposits are held for any of Tesla's products anymore - it's all in one big bucket.

I would like to know how many actually were requested to configure by 12/31/2017 and how many $2500 deposits are being taken.