Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anybody else with standard suspension get this email?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
not sure if this will help some of you feel better.

last Friday afternoon, I called asking for a VIN as I am right in the middle of my delivery window for my std suspension S. rep said he will see if he can get a more accurate delivery window. after a minute or 2, came back and said confidently "with std suspension, you are about a month out from getting a VIN number, delivery will be another few weeks after that"

Sunday morning, I received an email with a VIN number......

moral of the story is, rep don't know shi*......

not sure if this will help some of you feel better.

last Friday afternoon, I called asking for a VIN as I am right in the middle of my delivery window for my std suspension S. rep said he will see if he can get a more accurate delivery window. after a minute or 2, came back and said confidently "with std suspension, you are about a month out from getting a VIN number, delivery will be another few weeks after that"

Sunday morning, I received an email with a VIN number......

moral of the story is, rep don't know shi*......

An alternate moral could be "the squeaky wheel gets the grease".

However, back to your point, I actually think most of the reps know what is going on but there are some that are definitely more tight-lipped/conservative in communications than others. I can imagine management does not want them to over-promise/under-deliver, especially when there is a well-informed group of reservation holders out there that has TMC to spread hope and grief with. I can't say I blame them although I personally would enjoy a bit more candor.

To further perpetuate this dynamic, I offer that my latest call produced a "you're looking like a May delivery". *Sigh*

When is the last time a new car company launched and succeeded? Things could be better but they could also be much worse (Fisker, Coda...etc).
Aptera. My fiancee still drools over the look of that car.
What criteria are we using for "launched and succeeded" here?

My understanding is that (1) Aptera is younger than Tesla and (2) the suggestion here is that Aptera is declared a success but the jury is still out on Tesla.

Also:
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Aptera_Motors said:
On December 2, 2011, Aptera Motors announced it was going out of business due to lack of financing to continue development of its electric cars.

Perhaps I'm misunderstanding.

so a week AFTER I was told "definitely May time frame", I was just informed today my delivery is next Wednesday 10am......................
emailed my driver license and insurance paperwork.......just need to wire the money.....

so a week AFTER I was told "definitely May time frame", I was just informed today my delivery is next Wednesday 10am......................
emailed my driver license and insurance paperwork.......just need to wire the money.....
Apparently there is a little confusion there. I spoke to my contacts they stated that DEFINATELY my car would be off the production line by Apr 1 and delivery soon after. I have nothing in writing, no emails, but they did state they were telling me the facts and heard it from 2 different people. Based on your story, dont know what to believe, but hoping for the best.