Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone bought a "raven" Model S in Australia?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I took delivery of my six seat Model X from Richmond this week. The delivery process was OK though they were obviously a little busy/burnt out from all the deliveries. No worries, happy to see the company selling lots of vehicles.

My Model X had a few obvious flaws - a scratch on the bonnet, excess paint on the outside of the left A pillar and a cracked left rear tail light (!) which was all noted at delivery. These were all photographed and noted for repair. I have since found some interior manufacturing defects (it was so dark in the delivery centre I couldn't pick them out) with steering wheel having a number of defects in the leather where it appears to not have bonded with the underlying material and a ~1 cm panel gap around the dashboard at the right A pillar's air vent. It is very noticeable, not acceptable in a $170k+ car so I hope I can get it fixed.

I have not heard from ServiceANZ about these problems which is disappointing. I would also like to order the all-weather mats but can't find anyone at Tesla willing to take more money from me which is a little strange!

Despite these issues, the car is a joy to drive and feels much more solidly screwed together than earlier Model X and S versions I have driven. It is completely rattle free which is really an achievement in a car that runs so quietly. I have now put two car seats in the second row and still not a rattle or squeak so very pleased. We went for a drive down to the Mornington today and Autopilot was very solid, albeit on excellent roads with very clear lane markings so not much of a challenge for the system I would guess.

There were a number of charging cables included and I know most of them but there were one or two pieces of equipment that have me stumped. I have attached photos so any insight would be appreciated.

Overall we are thrilled, the car is amazing and clearly a game changer. For those of you still waiting, fear not - the wait will be more than worth it! You can expect a few hiccups at delivery, however.

Attachments

• IMG_2299.jpg
    IMG_2299.jpg
    93.8 KB · Views: 98
  • 59100575227__833F5E27-404B-4E32-A258-056E553E0928.jpg
    59100575227__833F5E27-404B-4E32-A258-056E553E0928.jpg
    194.6 KB · Views: 56
I was due to pick up my Model S midnight silver, carbon wheels and FSD this weekend by sadly had to cancel due suspected ID compromise on a fake Tesla website and medical issues. Good luck to whosoever managed to fill in as buyer a short notice let's compare VINS!
sorry to hear, wol747
hope the health picks up and the ID thieves get their comeuppance, and you in the S real soon!

Currently road tripping from ‘Brisbane to Melbourne on the second day of having it. Day 1 of 3 (taking it in 3 short bursts). Full Report afterward. Hopefully by then I will have invented adequate superlatives to describe the performance Raven S. my current vocabulary is not adequate. it is kind of like riding in a felt lined rocket launcher. So far it is an amazing tourer. Overtaking with it is like being the green lantern. You just think where you want to be and the next moment it is already reality.

Currently road tripping from ‘Brisbane to Melbourne on the second day of having it. Day 1 of 3 (taking it in 3 short bursts). Full Report afterward. Hopefully by then I will have invented adequate superlatives to describe the performance Raven S. my current vocabulary is not adequate. it is kind of like riding in a felt lined rocket launcher. So far it is an amazing tourer. Overtaking with it is like being the green lantern. You just think where you want to be and the next moment it is already reality.
More. I WANT MOOOORRREEEEEE

@ICUDoc with energy consumption like that, what's the "typical" range estimate at 90% charge? I'm practically salivating...
So I charge to 85% these days, 'cos that sounds VERY battery-gentle and has oodles of range: 470kms typical (not rated), in fact. Wow.
Doing the maths I get 550kms at 100% charge, which is fine by me. I mostly drive early am peak and late pm peak, from the burbs across the city, so I don't know what range a highway run would produce. But I do look forward to finding out.

• Informative
Reactions: Tension
So I charge to 85% these days, 'cos that sounds VERY battery-gentle and has oodles of range: 470kms typical (not rated), in fact. Wow.
Doing the maths I get 550kms at 100% charge, which is fine by me. I mostly drive early am peak and late pm peak, from the burbs across the city, so I don't know what range a highway run would produce. But I do look forward to finding out.
2000kms highway exclusively including some very spirited stretches was 201kwH. Around town for 2 hours was more like 150

• Informative
Reactions: Tension
OK so picked up a Raven Model S performance with 21" wheels from Brisbane Monday morning. The delivery was interesting. Was originally going to be 10:30am then 3:00pm. Then "definitely Monday but we cannot tell when - maybe late - give us a call then". So 10:30am sitting in my apartment I call and was told 'It literally just pulled up in a truck can you come in 2 hours?" YESS!!!!

So I lob in at 12:30 and there she is ready to go. I basically just asked for the fob keys, checked it once over (one slight paint imperfection about the size of two pin heads) and took off.

Initial impressions are good. I love the colour, how low it is. The 21" Wheels match the colour of the bodywork...all good.

Went straight to Redcliffe to see relatives for lunch and took it easy. With 82 year old mother in law in the car decided to stick the boot in. This was an error. I scared the *sugar* out of myself and she, and hence my wife, was not impressed. In fact, we were all quite frightened, myself included. I then explained I had only put the foot down about a quarter of the way. I then giggled like a school girl who had just seen Brad Pitt.

The car announces it is ready to update so I start that. New maps and a new version 9.X of the OS.

The ride itself is fricken silky. The suspension on this thing is better than any 5 series I have driven and comparable to a 7 from 3 years ago. It really is that good.

We then drove from Redcliffe to another suburb in Brisbane. I dropped the family off and took a mate out who is thinking of getting a Tesla.

I floored it for the first time on a highway entrance ramp. Holy mother of god. This thing is apeshit. I won't report times because everyone can google and knows the numbers but the exhilaration of that experience is just other worldly. The fact is it takes little to no skill to plant it and experience it. It is well beyond anything I have experienced in any other car.

I then drove to another mate's place who I had lunch with the day before. When he asked me about what car I was getting I actually showed him some of the youtube videos of people reacting for the first time. We had a laugh yesterday. Back to today, he gets in the car, I reverse out his driveway and without saying anything I floor it. I get lots of panicked "oh SHDSH oh $##@ STOP STOP".

Funny as hell.

I then drop him off and realise I did not get a HPWC with my delivery. I phone Tesla and the amazing delivery guy is there at 7:30pm with one in hand (bear in mind this is after the end of the busiest month in Tesla history). What a champion, I do a quick top off charge in readiness for our 3 day journey to Melbourne starting tomorrow. Then I go back to my apartment for the end of a very circuitous first drive. Tomorrow we wake early to leave for Port Macquarie and test how good of a highway cruiser it is...

TBC...