Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else have door rattles in their Model X?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My Model X (with 22" wheels) has slight door rattles in the front driver and passenger doors, and more pronounced rattles in the passenger side falcon wing door.
I just picked it up from the service center to fix the falcon wing door rattles, where they told me it was caused by a loose motor which they tightened and shimmed.
Driving it home, the rattles are still there, with new rattles in the front doors.

I had a loaner Model S (with 19" wheels) the week it was in the service center and there were no rattles in that car.

Anyone else with a model X have door rattles? Am I justified to keep taking it back to the service center until they are gone?

I heard one today on a moderately rough (but not really rough) road. Sounded like it came from the passenger fwd or maybe the seat. I stopped and open/closed the fwd and it seemed to go away but I am not certain yet.

I guess I will wait for all of this to settle out a bit and have you all do the problem determination and then in 90 days or so I will take it in and have them check all the known rattle spots.

Not interested in tying up my time or car for the discovery phase and its really just a tiny rattle in my car. Don't even notice it unless the music is off and only on roads with some bumps.

My Model X (with 22" wheels) has slight door rattles in the front driver and passenger doors, and more pronounced rattles in the passenger side falcon wing door.
Our X front doors have rattles all over the place. We just took it in to the service center to see if they can all be tracked down and resolved. We only hear most of the rattles when music is playing that has some bass to it (like "Happy" by Pharrell Williams and "Blurred Lines" by Robin Thicke), although there was a constant rattle coming from the front of the passenger door. Not having sat in the second or third rows, I haven't noticed any rattles or buzzing back there.

• Informative
Reactions: Drivin
If you check out my post "Is Model X still in Beta" I detail my issues and resolutions including the fact that Model X's (at least those in the first 1000) have faulty parts in the front doors. Seems like Tesla will "Recall" those and replace with new parts. Hopefully this will stop your issues.

Colin

• Informative
Reactions: Drivin
The plastic where the seat belts come out of on the pillars for the front seats is always rattling in our car. Hopefully the service center can tighten them up at our next visit (for the rattling A/C noises and some other new things that have cropped up, recently).

My 2017 P100D has rattles almost everywhere with much bass turned up, the loaner 100D (non P) has rattles in the back probably worse than mine, but the front was a bit better. Volume 2 is when you can hear the rattles starting..