Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else having "false sensing" issue when closing FWD's since recent update?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
My FWD's used to close flawlessly. Now, since the latest updates (I'm on 2.30.61), I am having frequent false sensing where I have to manually override them to get them to close.

I used to have false sensing issues on opening, but the SC fixed those with new sensors.

My FWD's used to close flawlessly. Now, since the latest updates (I'm on 2.30.61), I am having frequent false sensing where I have to manually override them to get them to close.

I used to have false sensing issues on opening, but the SC fixed those with new sensors.
Same here but it's the same issue that I've had all along which have been resolved by the SC and returned again a few weeks later.
Not sure if any of the issues are actually related to recent software updates or not as for some they seemed to have fixed the problem and for others they seemed to have created a problem they never had.

Wish the updates were more transparent in what all they addressed (like Apple stating "minor bug issues to correct some apps which crash on opening).
Tesla updates just say "new close all feature added" and we are left to assume it was the update which did or did not resolve an issue.

I have noticed the same thing. The "obstacle detected" while closing problem only happened once maybe twice since I have owned the MX, now after the update 2.30.61 it has been doing it daily. My 6yr old climbs in and presses the B pillar switch to close, not sure if there are any sensors that he can trip to cause the door to stop from closing all the way from the inside. It seems to stop at the same spot when it "detects" something. I have a SC visit scheduled in 1.5 weeks for some minor cosmetic things, I'm hoping it's a simple fix. Does anyone know which sensors are active while closing? I know the exterior sensor will stop the door if you touch the outside of the door panel while closing, but was wondering if the seat occupancy sensor can do the same?

I had this behavior on the passenger side FWD after I picked up the car and it still remained after the update. I call Tesla tech support and they walked me thru re-calibrating the doors on the phone. This helps a lot. It's still not perfect and sometimes has false readings but nothing like before. Might suggest giving them a call first as it might save you a trip and appt with SC.

I just received 2.32.100 which looks like it should fix the issue. Not confirmed.
image.jpeg

Wow, I'm really excited. Same here. I already had a service-appointment that keeps getting moved out (due to problems with the shop's loaner :p, go figure); and so far, two of the three problems I was schedule to have addressed, were fixed by software-updates in the meantime! :O

My FWDs have been beautiful and reliable for two days straight, which is (depressingly) a huuuuge deal. I'm excited!

Reactions: jrichey