Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone else not getting 10.9?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Hey y’all. Here we go again. It seems like everyone is getting 10.9 at this point and my car shows no sign of any update. It’s odd because for all the previous updates it would be one of the first cars to get it once it went public. Really need it. 10.8.1 is driving terribly around Wilmington NC. The mapping is just terrible. FSD gets into turning lanes to pass people when the lane ends in 100 ft, crosses double yellow lines when there is opposing traffic ect. Just looking for confirmation that it’s not just me. Thanks!

This may have been suggested already, but I wonder if there's some significant new change in 10.9 (ported in from v11) and as a result they're doing A/B testing with 10.8.1 vs 10.9? Might explain why 1/3 are on 10.9 and 2/3 on 10.8.1.

Or they found something bad enough to stop the rollout, but not bad enough to roll out a quick dot fix.

Or no reason at all.

Reactions: Rusty1
Upvote 0
Agree on some issues being map related. Haven’t had a chance to drive with map update yet. Will see if I notice a change.

New Map:

Attachments

• A2C34ACD-5317-4FD9-8163-B87D8FB9DD82.jpeg
    A2C34ACD-5317-4FD9-8163-B87D8FB9DD82.jpeg
    697.1 KB · Views: 128
Upvote 0
One of our vehicles is on 10.9, other is on 10.8.1. Strangest thing is that 10.8.1 vehicle got a maps update to 2021, but 10.9 did not.

Anyone get this?
We also have 10.8.1 (2020 Y) and 10.9 (2018 3) split. Don't know about the map data. The Y sometimes receives FSD Beta updates before the 3 but clearly not in this case.

Upvote 0
I'm stuck on 10.6 since I got suspended there. I never got an e-mail that I was suspended. No updates since then.

Tesla support says I'm on the correct and current version of FSD and won't help at all.

FSD is a very expensive feature and it's so frustrating that I can't get help. I should have my suspension reset on 10.8 but haven't received it. Does anyone have any ideas?

Upvote 0
Typically I've been getting the FSD beta releases in the first couple days.

NOW, I'm just stuck on 10.8.1 and impatiently waiting for 10.9.

Things have come to a crawl in the last few days and it appears they're not pushing and more people, for the most part.

Is there going to be 10.9.1 coming soon or something ?

Upvote 0
Typically I've been getting the FSD beta releases in the first couple days.

NOW, I'm just stuck on 10.8.1 and impatiently waiting for 10.9.

Things have come to a crawl in the last few days and it appears they're not pushing and more people, for the most part.

Is there going to be 10.9.1 coming soon or something ?
Nobody knows. This is the first time in the last few months I can recall that Elon has been silent on the FSD rollout especially when there are delays. Even the chosen few early FSD beta testers have been uncharacteristically quiet. Only post I've seen is from @Whole Mars who simply said it was being worked on and that was several days ago. Definitely alot going on in the Tesla FSD beta group.

Upvote 0
Looks like from the 10.9 thread there are a few people with failed right steering wheel scroll wheels on S and X. Not sure if that is enough to pause 10.9 or not, but they certainly stopped it several days ago. Seems like the failure may have been introduced before 10.9 though, so who knows what all is really the problem.

Upvote 0
There’s also the possibility that there were some very specific enhancements made in 10.9. The FSD team needed a certain amount of data from a certain number of vehicles to validate. Once they had sufficient data there was no need to roll out any more.

This is of course just speculation, but it is a possibility. Nothing says we all get every release.

Upvote 0