Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

anyone else placed last minute order for S 60

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I've been staring at the buy button for a few days. Haven't pulled the trigger yet...

Chatted with my financial advisor, she said I can definitely make it work, but she'd advise putting my money elsewhere at my age other than an 80k car.
I wonder if a financial advisor exists who would recommend buying an expensive car. I imagine most of them would say if you can pay cash and definitely won't miss the money, it's ok. Luckily for car manufacturers and dealerships, you are a rarity.

Reactions: GSP and OBX John
I've been staring at the buy button for a few days. Haven't pulled the trigger yet...

Chatted with my financial advisor, she said I can definitely make it work, but she'd advise putting my money elsewhere at my age other than an 80k car.
Was in the same boat. Just do it. You have a week to decide risk free afterwards anyway. That smile when you Drive it is worth it. Trust me

I agree, been on the fence since Model 3 was announced last March, still have reservation for a model 3 but decided go with S60, more than a model 3 but I think it's best value for a Model S.

I placed my 3 order before the reveal then ordered my S60 the morning it became available last June...best purchase I've ever made.

3 still reserved and will replace wife's ICE.

I'm sitting here on the fence. Always wanted at least a 90D for the quicker 4.2 0-60 but it's a 16.5k difference for 1 sec 0-60 and 76 miles of range (worst case).

And a faster Supercharging speed. That's one I hadn't thought about (which probably wouldn't have changed my decision, I think) - 90s and 100s charge ~14% faster on all DCFC options because of the higher system voltage. That's somewhat offset by using ~5% more energy per mile, though.

I'm not sure I want to buy any product that I know is being discontinued soon. Why do people do that? Do they get a discount?
60/60D has the best dollars to miles, dollars to usable kWh ratio of any Tesla out there. It is also the ONLY Tesla that has the battery's usable kWh higher than its stated "marketing" kWh number. Plus, you save like 8000 dollars to buy an essentially the same car as a 75/75D since both models have the exact same battery in terms of hardware.

• Informative
Reactions: KrenGrl

Keep in mind that things that give you a lot of pleasure and at the same time protect you (figure a good percentage of our lives is spent in our cars), don't really have a value you can equate to value spent. To most people car is just a car. I do love being in ours and enjoying every $ we spent.

We traded in a Camry and I'm seeing quite a few people here going from lower end model cars to the Model S. So it's not just the car enthusiasts that are buying them which is interesting to note.

Keep in mind that things that give you a lot of pleasure and at the same time protect you (figure a good percentage of our lives is spent in our cars), don't really have a value you can equate to value spent. To most people car is just a car. I do love being in ours and enjoying e...We traded in a Camry and I'm seeing quite a few people here going from lower end model cars to the Model S. So it's not just the car enthusiasts that are buying them which is interesting to note.

LOL! I'm in the same boat - A soon to be "former-leaf-owner!" Whoo-hooo!!! Buh-bye Nissan, hello Tesla!