Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got a delivery text??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Got this text this morning.
“Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?”

Called the delivery center and the woman apologized and said thousands of texts were sent out by mistake. I replied yes, but haven't heard anything.

Just got off the phone with the Delivery Team and they told me that since I received a response to my availability, I should be getting a call from my DA tomorrow. I have the Silver Metallic paint that is being phased off the menu and "existing orders are being expedited" so I would like to believe I'm receiving mine ASAP.

Reactions: S5S5G6
Same text! I called the main Tesla number and waited 30 min in queue and they confirmed it's real. Got the same " thanks for the quick response" reply that said they will be in touch.
Silver AWD, nonP, 19 wheels, white interior. With Oct-Dec delivery originally. I'm not holding my breath but exciting. I'm happy they are trying to get many delivered by end of month.

I received the text last night at 11pm eastern. I responded requesting my configuration and received a vague text this morning about (they “gave” instead of have) their spelling error so a real person responded with my configuration as;
Black Model 3 on 18’s- asked if it was a performance , white interior , with EAP?
Never heard back .

Stopped at my local service center in Charlotte - it was a madhouse of cars over 300 , and they said to “disregard the text Message.” It was A mass text ,and doesn't apply and/or the timeline doesn’t work In Our great Carolinas!!:(:(

Last edited:
I also got a text. I asked them to call me back. I just got off the phone with a rep and I definitely got the impression there seems to be an urgent desire to deliver as many cars as possible before the end of the month. The incentive they’re offering is 1 free year of supercharger network access but I’m a little underwhelmed since I don’t really plan on taking my Model 3 out on too many long road trips. What are the chances they’ll make the same offer or better next month? Like others people here, scrambling together financing, trade-in, etc. in 4 days is going to be hectic. I’m leaning towards waiting for Octobe delivery and taking my time to do this purchase without rushing.

Ha! My DA never replies to my emails, or picks up his phone.
Tesla's robo-texter, however, is much more communicative.

I've received the same 2 texts everyone else has:

Hello from the Tesla Delivery team. Our logistics team has confirmed a Model 3 matching your order is available this week. Are you available to take delivery between 9/26 - 9/30?

Thank you for your quick response! We appreciate you confirming you are available. We will contact you directly once we get a firm date from our logistics team.

Called main line again and finally got through. Wanted to tell an actual human that I was happy to take delivery this quarter but this was the last day I could do it. Well I have a VIN 97XXX! Wohoo! But it's still in Fremont, scheduled to be in Portland by 10/1. Delivery scheduled for 10/1 at 11:30am. I'll take it.

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
I just got a text reply from a "Tesla Delivery Scheduler", asking to set a delivery date of 9/30 @5:30pm. Sounds like I will be one of the last Q4 deliveries. I also thought New Jersey car dealers were required by law to be closed on Sundays, so I'm not sure how they are able to be open to deliver the car. Alas, I'm still waiting to hear from my "Delivery Advisor". My online account now has a delivery date scheduled, but the payment box is still "closed", and my edit config button is still there.

I just got a text reply from a "Tesla Delivery Scheduler", asking to set a delivery date of 9/30 @5:30pm. Sounds like I will be one of the last Q4 deliveries. I also thought New Jersey car dealers were required by law to be closed on Sundays, so I'm not sure how they are able to be open to deliver the car. Alas, I'm still waiting to hear from my "Delivery Advisor". My online account now has a delivery date scheduled, but the payment box is still "closed", and my edit config button is still there.

Congrats! Seems like your the first person to hear back from the mysterious text. did you get the second text? and when did you receive your first text? I hope everything works out!

Have you had DA assign to you before?

How are people getting texts in the first place? I assume nothing more than having a phone # tied to your order or is there some checkbox to 'notify via text'? I've received mostly e-mails and a couple phone calls so far, but no text.

I want a damn text!!!

LOL jk