Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got a delivery text??

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Congrats! Seems like your the first person to hear back from the mysterious text. did you get the second text? and when did you receive your first text? I hope everything works out!

All eastern time;
First text from Tesla at 11:31pm (Tuesday)
I responded that I could take delivery; 8:44am (Wednesday)
Confirmation from Tesla stating they will reach out with a firm date; 4:10pm (Wednesday)
specific delivery date/time scheduling request from a Tesla Delivery Scheduler; 1:43pm (Thursday)

I had a few text exchanges after that with the Delivery Scheduler, but the only question she could answer was around scheduling the actual delivery - nothing in regard to financing, etc

How are people getting texts in the first place? I assume nothing more than having a phone # tied to your order or is there some checkbox to 'notify via text'? I've received mostly e-mails and a couple phone calls so far, but no text.

I want a damn text!!!

LOL jk
You can set up your contact preferences on the website. Probably too late to get a text for this weekend's deliveries, but you never know!

All eastern time;
First text from Tesla at 11:31pm (Tuesday)
I responded that I could take delivery; 8:44am (Wednesday)
Confirmation from Tesla stating they will reach out with a firm date; 4:10pm (Wednesday)
specific delivery date/time scheduling request from a Tesla Delivery Scheduler; 1:43pm (Thursday)

I had a few text exchanges after that with the Delivery Scheduler, but the only question she could answer was around scheduling the actual delivery - nothing in regard to financing, etc
Thats awesome! Giving me a little bit of hope! Whats your config? sorry! I may have skipped over it somewhere!

So I called tesla and they said it was real. I was one of the people chosen for the end of quarter delivery event. They gave me a number for the delivery team. But they couldn't say if they located a car for me yet. I was trying to get delivery today cause I'm out of town tomorrow till sunday late afternoon. Initially I said I can do Sunday delivery. I have heard from a DA yet. First text message was yesterday at 8am PST

• Informative
Reactions: Sg911
How are people getting texts in the first place? I assume nothing more than having a phone # tied to your order or is there some checkbox to 'notify via text'? I've received mostly e-mails and a couple phone calls so far, but no text.

I want a damn text!!!

LOL jk
Look on the bright side the ones who don't get it this weekend will probably get the Fob(if thats what you want). I know its free either way but less hassle to get it w the car

Me too. Got same message at 11:59 EST. Called service center and they said they are getting substantial deliveries daily, apparently in an effort to deliver as many as possible in the 3rd quarter. Will give me a VIN as soon as they match an incoming car with my configuration.

Dual Motor, AWD, Black interior, standard wheels. Took EAP off to take advantage of tax rebate and will add at delivery or later.

Update: No further word so far, from SC or from texts

I replied to the text again and got back the same automated text about being contacted directly when they get a firm date from the logistics team. So not to crush anyone's hopes but I don't think the text really means anything.
Yes, when I called Tesla they said the MASS text from (510) were erroneously innacurate , and to disregard. So who knows what’s going’s on!

Last edited:
This was Quick... Too quick.

Tues 11PM CST: From Tesla: asking if I can take a car by end of week. (Typical text)
Wed 6AM: Responded Yes. During the day applied for a loan 2.99 for 60 months. Called Tesla several times and they had no idea regarding next steps and advised to wait.
Thur: 8AM: Sent a text back to the 510 #. "Loan approved. Waiting for MVPA to cut check"
Thur: 2:30PM: From Tesla Text: Hi, this is XXX, Can you take delivery Saturday 9-11am?
Thur: 3:00PM: Called the scheduler from the text who confirmed my appt at 9AM! Was advised I may not get a VIN until about 2 hours prior!! WTF!! Bank won't cut a check w/o a VIN, and they won't open til 9! Dice is rolling... Hope I get the VIN tomorrow!!
Update: Thur: 5:25PM: Tesla page has my appt info and home address:
Delivery Appointment
Sept. 29, 2018 at 09:00 AM
HOME DELIVERY

Oh, and my Edit Design link is still live!

To be continued....

• Informative
I got the first mass text two nights ago (9/26-9/30 etc etc) then the “we’ll contact you when we have a firm time” text yesterday.

Today’s text included an introduction, my RN number, and an offering of one of two Saturday appt times. We had a little back and forth, where she confirmed my config, then sent an email and updated the “my account” page.

Attachments

• F3C52CE6-79F7-4DA3-9F9C-96591F4DF1D8.jpeg
    F3C52CE6-79F7-4DA3-9F9C-96591F4DF1D8.jpeg
    262.1 KB · Views: 81
  • Love
I got the first mass text two nights ago (9/26-9/30 etc etc) then the “we’ll contact you when we have a firm time” text yesterday.

Today’s text included an introduction, my RN number, and an offering of one of two Saturday appt times. We had a little back and forth, where she confirmed my config, then sent an email and updated the “my account” page.
Congrats! Still waiting in delivery text message hell but I am happy to see some people having success with the Text in Atlanta!

Reactions: spesler
Called main line again and finally got through. Wanted to tell an actual human that I was happy to take delivery this quarter but this was the last day I could do it. Well I have a VIN 97XXX! Wohoo! But it's still in Fremont, scheduled to be in Portland by 10/1. Delivery scheduled for 10/1 at 11:30am. I'll take it.

Got a text from a scheduler, offering me delivery on 9/30. Gave me his phone number to discuss. I called, someone else answered. She offered me 1 year of free supercharging to take delivery on 9/30. I gave in, my wife will be pissed when I tell her, but I've got some big road trips planned this year, it will help soften the blow. Also they told me that I didn't have a delivery scheduled on the 1st..so not sure wtf went wrong there. VIN hasn't changed...yet.

I also got a text Wed at 8AM (PDT). I replied that I can take delivery either 29 or 30th and they answered back same as they did with everyone. Nothing since then.

I am a deposit holder (albeit very late deposit, July this year, when they still required $1000 deposit fee). Config is AWD, Pearl White, Black interior, 18" Aero and EAP.