Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone got HW3 retrofit yet?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Did you request when you scheduled service? I scheduled same location and have the same range VIN as you and got rejected.
Had an appt. scheduled about 4 weeks out for jan 2, I went into the app and added the HW3 request thinking that it would be rejected, when I went in they had mentioned they just got a few in that day and they would go quickly but they had reserved one for me, luck of the draw I guess?

Not sure why everyone here is saying to ask. Do not do this, they are super tired of hearing everyone say that.

You will ONLY get upgraded if you have a schedule appointment (for something REAL) and are on the list of eligible upgrades. They will be the ones to ask you, not vis versa.

Source: Spoke to service center and have received FSD hardware upgrade.

• Disagree
Reactions: croman
Not sure why everyone here is saying to ask. Do not do this, they are super tired of hearing everyone say that.

You will ONLY get upgraded if you have a schedule appointment (for something REAL) and are on the list of eligible upgrades. They will be the ones to ask you, not vis versa.

Source: Spoke to service center and have received FSD hardware upgrade.

I see both sides. Sure, they are sick of it. It might consume a little bit more time responding to the request. But they do need to get on this. From the consumer end they are somewhat late, and it’s arguable but software differentiation is beginning. Our only feedback loop is to make this known that there are owners expecting this through this avenue.

Some owners have posted that they have gotten the retrofit after asking (since they were likely already on the list). My thought is that it never hurts to ask, in any customer or service experience. Don’t be a rude but it’s our right to ask.

I was at the service center for an unrelated reason (asking about tire replacement), and asked them when my car would be ready for the HW3 upgrade. He looked up my VIN (in the 37,000s) and said it came up as eligible for the upgrade. He said to schedule an appointment on the app for it, and that they don't contact people for it.

I scheduled an appointment for Thursday, the first opening available.
Update on my status: they called me to tell me the upgrade couldn't be done at my house by mobile service (I knew this, but the app doesn't seem to have an option to request an appointment at the service center), and that apparently they couldn't schedule it for the same time but at the service center, as I'd hoped, it's been rescheduled for the 21st. :oops:

I'd been looking forward to getting it sooner, but I suppose I'll survive waiting till the 21st. Still seems that they will be doing the upgrade, and not requiring an appointment for other service as some people have said you need. I'll update after my appointment, or if anything changes.

Reactions: DanCar
Ok, a few things...

Had to re-pair my BT for Infotainment, and all my video streaming accounts got logged out and need to log back in, after getting car back from service...

My Trip counters were left alone though...

Still playing with it...

ok, after turning on the option it worked!

Also, I can’t log into YT now... and there was a thread here that I have to read if I can do those things to get it to work, but it thinks that my browser is incompatible

Attachments

• 3938E56B-3543-4B8E-BDD0-4EF5DEB5DD8D.jpeg
    3938E56B-3543-4B8E-BDD0-4EF5DEB5DD8D.jpeg
    54.5 KB · Views: 82