Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have a delivery estimate for a P100D?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Tesla is in the process of trying to make things right. Had a good conversation with the VP of North American sales today. I'll let you all know what happens.

Well, I'm impressed. Here's what Tesla has done thus far:

(1) They've started a new build (different VIN).
(2) They waived the $1200 doc fee.
(3) They offered 3 year service for free.
(4) They provided a P100D loaner until mine is done, and drove it to my house.

That last item is most impressive -- there aren't many P100Ds to go around yet, so that's quite generous.

As for the car itself... well, the power is just obscene -- yet totally controlled and quiet. This is also my first AP experience (my June 2014 P85 was a few months pre-AP), and it's spooky how well it works. I can see why people who aren't engineers over-trust it.

Well, I'm impressed. Here's what Tesla has done thus far:

(4) They provided a P100D loaner until mine is done, and drove it to my house.

That last item is most impressive -- there aren't many P100Ds to go around yet, so that's quite generous.

Is the loaner the P100D that you refused delivery of? (I assume they would have that one laying around, maybe after a windshield replacement and a bath.)

Is the loaner the P100D that you refused delivery of? (I assume they would have that one laying around, maybe after a windshield replacement and a bath.)

Awesome story! So cool that Tesla did that for you. It doesn't surprise me though. Tesla put me in a P85+ loaner until my P100D comes in. It's a long story, but Tesla basically stepped up and took care of me when they didn't have to. Enjoy the P100D loaner!

Reactions: Lyon
Tesla operations continues to disappoint me. After my experience trying to get my deposit for a P90DL rolled over to a new P100D (eventually successful), I was excited to finally get the car. I was told the car would go into manufacturing in late Oct for a delivery in late Oct/Nov. I told them to expedite as I had ordered my original P90DL a couple of months ago. Finally I was told that they were able to expedite and a delivery date for Sep 30th was set. I noticed today that the car had not entered manufacturing and so I emailed the DS to say wassup. Here was the response:

"Thank you for the email.
Originally, your Model S was estimated to start production in late October. I had put in a request to have your vehicle built as early as possible for you, and I was given an estimate that your Model S would start production in late September.
Right now, it is taking longer than expected to source all of the parts for your specific Tesla since the P100D is a new product for us. I also wanted to inform you that production won’t be running the first week of October as we are giving our production associates some time off.
I certainly appreciate your patience, but it looks as if our production staff was unable to source the parts to start production on your vehicle for a September delivery.
I will keep you updated once your Model S starts, and once I have an updated timing estimate for you.
Thanks again, and let me know if you have any questions."

So factory on vacation first week of Oct probably after rushing to get Sep revenue in. And no estimate on date. Sucks and not impressed.

Tesla operations continues to disappoint me. After my experience trying to get my deposit for a P90DL rolled over to a new P100D (eventually successful), I was excited to finally get the car. I was told the car would go into manufacturing in late Oct for a delivery in late Oct/Nov. I told them to expedite as I had ordered my original P90DL a couple of months ago. Finally I was told that they were able to expedite and a delivery date for Sep 30th was set. I noticed today that the car had not entered manufacturing and so I emailed the DS to say wassup. Here was the response:

"Thank you for the email.
Originally, your Model S was estimated to start production in late October. I had put in a request to have your vehicle built as early as possible for you, and I was given an estimate that your Model S would start production in late September.
Right now, it is taking longer than expected to source all of the parts for your specific Tesla since the P100D is a new product for us. I also wanted to inform you that production won’t be running the first week of October as we are giving our production associates some time off.
I certainly appreciate your patience, but it looks as if our production staff was unable to source the parts to start production on your vehicle for a September delivery.
I will keep you updated once your Model S starts, and once I have an updated timing estimate for you.
Thanks again, and let me know if you have any questions."

So factory on vacation first week of Oct probably after rushing to get Sep revenue in. And no estimate on date. Sucks and not impressed.

OH Shoot.

Production vacation for a week? Sounds like a hardware change to me. Most of it is robots.. why not cycle people? Why shut down for a week unless you are changing something.

I'm picking up Tuesday buts it's a 60D if it was a P100D and I heard that I might be happy if I was able to wait 15 more days than expected.

OH Shoot.

Production vacation for a week? Sounds like a hardware change to me. Most of it is robots.. why not cycle people? Why shut down for a week unless you are changing something.

I'm picking up Tuesday buts it's a 60D if it was a P100D and I heard that I might be happy if I was able to wait 15 more days than expected.
That would be completely acceptable if indeed there is new hardware. Fingers crossed. DS has no idea of course - not sure they know anything more than we do until right before it comes out.

It's just the week vacation part that is so weird to me. Sounds like they would want all the Lowly people out of there while they change something. And also have a week to "get through" missed q3 orders so no one cancels after hearing new hardware or change is happening.

Just FYI:

Tesla ALWAYS shuts down assembly line the first week of the quarter.

Among other things, they perform maintenance on the tooling
Would it be a fair argument that end of quarter cars are slightly less build quality than beginning of quarter? Seems like some bugs would get worked out and maintance adjustments would help fit and finish

Just FYI:

Tesla ALWAYS shuts down assembly line the first week of the quarter.

Among other things, they perform maintenance on the tooling
Eureka. Didn't AP hardware first become live around OCT 15? Is it feasible to say that this week shut down after Q3 is when their first introduced AP hardware.

Thus making the argument for 2.0 hardware to be introduced in this same "down week" to retool more plausible?