Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have experience with a white Tesla?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
@samsonm3 i'm going white interior. I read and watched reviews and it looks like it is very durable and pretty easy to clean.

I just would like the design studio to be up soon just so I have an idea of what is going to be offered and what the cost will be. I am sure some, if not, many of the options on the Model S/X will not be available to the Model 3 and I am fine with that, but really would like to know even if I can't confirm my order for months.

You hear that Elon?...just a few informational crumbs is all I am asking.

• Love
Reactions: samsonm3
@samsonm3 i'm going white interior. I read and watched reviews and it looks like it is very durable and pretty easy to clean.

I just would like the design studio to be up soon just so I have an idea of what is going to be offered and what the cost will be. I am sure some, if not, many of the options on the Model S/X will not be available to the Model 3 and I am fine with that, but really would like to know even if I can't confirm my order for months.

You hear that Elon?...just a few informational crumbs is all I am asking.

You and me are going to have very similar looking 3 for sure. Same here the Vegan soft Faux leather seems to be really soft and very easy to clean unlike usual white leather which is every owners fear of keeping it clean. Several owners review say that it wears slower too. So I may go for it.

View attachment 222110

I wanted to get ALL BLACK Model 3 more of a dark knight type of look inspite of Black color problems. I was still going to look at White 3 when it launches. but after looking at this pic of 3 white renders I am sold. This is just as beautiful as Black without some of the black color problems.

Is this pure white or pearl white? I thought Tesla's pearl white is a bit yellowish compared to pure white. Would have been great if someone had a side by side comparison of the two whites but would probably have to be on the same image taken by a single shot for any comparison to be possible.

I'm going for white and darker wheels or standard wheels and powder coat dark grey.

Is this pure white or pearl white? I thought Tesla's pearl white is a bit yellowish compared to pure white. Would have been great if someone had a side by side comparison of the two whites but would probably have to be on the same image taken by a single shot for any comparison to be possible.

I'm going for white and darker wheels or standard wheels and powder coat dark grey.
WiIl you still get this combo if the window trim is bright chrome instead of black? I'm not sure if Tesla will offer different trim colors and the RC versions all have chrome. (as other's have stated you can always change to black after purchase by a detailing shop)

As far as the interior goes, I'm a big fan of white paint with black seats.

Roadster: Arctic White
Model S: Pearl White
Model X: White​

My personal opinion is that Tesla's Pearl White is one of the cleanest out there. Most have a yellow tinge to them. Tesla's does not.

evol nosecone 2.jpg

Attachments

• evol nosecone 2.jpg
    evol nosecone 2.jpg
    70.6 KB · Views: 67
WiIl you still get this combo if the window trim is bright chrome instead of black? I'm not sure if Tesla will offer different trim colors and the RC versions all have chrome. (as other's have stated you can always change to black after purchase by a detailing shop)

As far as the interior goes, I'm a big fan of white paint with black seats.

That's a good point regarding window trim. Have you ever tried model3config ? I think with pearl white, the chrome trim goes well. With pure white, black may be better but only if wheels are black rather than grey - just what I have in mind at this point. Interior I might go for all grey as it will be easier to manage with little ones.

One thing to note is with all windows tinted, it appears better than it otherwise would and no chance of tinting all windows here as it is illegal so I would really want to see the car with clear glass to make a final decision.

You and me are going to have very similar looking 3 for sure. Same here the Vegan soft Faux leather seems to be really soft and very easy to clean unlike usual white leather which is every owners fear of keeping it clean. Several owners review say that it wears slower too. So I may go for it.

I have Vegan seats in my Prius and they are outstanding. I have almost three year use on them. Will go for Vegan in my TM3. I am undecided about color. I want to see how they trim out the interior first before deciding. Currently I have Pearl White exterior with medium grey interior on the Prius. My preference for TM3 is Refrigerator White exterior with Saddle interior.

I saw an Ice Box White MS this morning (not Pearl White, I currently drive a Pearl White car and know the difference). The car was stunning! I have got to have Ice Box White color on my TM3!

C'mon Elon, make Ice Box White a standard color again. I would love to know the color distribution percentages on the S/X color chart. Anybody?

Tesla discontinued the base white color to force us into paying for extra cost colors. Plain and simple. Even a regular silver metallic costs $1000!

There is no good reason on earth why the plain white should have been "discontinued".

Can any paint experts tell me how this ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR cost is even remotely justified for paint, unless it is a special color like the triple coat red or pearl white?

I will never own a black car. It shows dirt very easily, and even the smallest dent or ding stands out very easily.

Some think the Pearl White looks good. I think it is a white that isn't truly white, plus if the car ever gets body damage and needs repaired, I have been told it is hard to match the paint.

I was planning to get my Model 3 in either plain white if it is available, or silver. I do not want to pay extra for PAINT.

And if Tesla is charging all this money for paint, then the least they could do is make sure the entire car underneath is fully covered! I do not want to see primer color ANYWHERE if I am paying $1000 for paint!

Reactions: T34ME
Can any paint experts tell me how this ONE THOUSAND DOLLAR cost is even remotely justified for paint, unless it is a special color like the triple coat red or pearl white?

I'm not a paint expert, but you need an economics expert to answer pricing questions.

The answer is: People will pay the extra because it's worth it to them, so it's a good idea for a for profit business with a near monopoly on electric cars to charge as much as they can get for color choices, no matter the cost to produce.

If there were other close competitors, prices would be lower somewhat as you could buy a different car if the colors cost too much.

Reactions: phaduman
OBX John is right. Maybe in 2020 when all those promised EV's come out Tesla will have to re-think charging for every minor extra. Until then we're at their mercy. :(
I have the basic white and it's a great color. Gives it a classy look. I wanted red but my wife has a red car and my daughter said we can't have 2 red cars :) My last car was black and it definitely showed the dirt more.

Reactions: OBX John
I have a pearl white P85.

I was dead set on getting the plain white but I went to the sales center and once I saw the plain white paint sample next to a pearl white P90DL I decided either would be fine. I knew I was buying a CPO so knowing I would like either gave more flexibility. I was worried the pearl would have a pink/yellow tint like our pearl white Toyota but it's totally different. I would say the Tesla pearl has a more silver sparkle for the depth.

Reactions: Jayc and OBX John