Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have White Interior with tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do you have a pic of the rear you can post?

Debating if I want to do the rear or not.

You absolutely want to do the rear.

1. It will look weird if you don't.
2. It will look weird if you don't.
3. It is easier to park the car so that you use the tint on the rear as your sunshade than trying to come up with a way to do this if you have the side windows tinted. For whatever reason it seems that most parking lots of have plenty of east/west facing spots. This, along with additional privacy is one reason that some tint the rear window darker than the others.

• Funny
Reactions: Jivas and whatthe2

3. It is easier to park the car so that you use the tint on the rear as your sunshade than trying to come up with a way to do this if you have the side windows tinted. For whatever reason it seems that most parking lots of have plenty of east/west facing spots. This, along with additional privacy is one reason that some tint the rear window darker than the others.
Haha. So you’re saying it will look weird if I dont? ;)

One more question. Does it look odd having the rear more tinted than the sides or is it not really noticeable?

Mine don’t have the rear tinted and it does not look weird. I like the rear fade look that it currently has. There are plenty of pics with cars that don’t have their rear done. It’s is personal opinions of course.

Mine don’t have the rear tinted and it does not look weird. I like the rear fade look that it currently has. There are plenty of pics with cars that don’t have their rear done. It’s is personal opinions of course.

What possible reason could there be for not tinting the rear? Whether you tint for aesthetics, heat rejection or privacy having rear tint makes sense.

Before I got mine done my guy walked me around 3 or 4 Model 3's with 30% on the windows. The ones with white seats looked like almost no tint was on them so I went darker. My calipers are actually orange and that pic was taken before the back was done. Here is more recent one:
U1I1JJ2.jpg

Before I got mine done my guy walked me around 3 or 4 Model 3's with 30% on the windows. The ones with white seats looked like almost no tint was on them so I went darker. My calipers are actually orange and that pic was taken before the back was done. Here is more recent one:
U1I1JJ2.jpg

The tint shop pointed out to me that they always recommend going a little darker with white interior due to the amount of contrast.

That doesn’t change how dark the tint will get at night or affect mirror visibility at night. Even with the level of tint I have I find that the side mirrors are now quite dark and I have to recheck them more often when changing lanes.
E6928862-B549-4B62-A5DE-B8D5C88BE24E.jpeg
EECDFA47-8C94-4913-960A-5C37436DB976.jpeg

These pics aren’t great but this is just after dawn full in Colorado so full direct sun.

@whatthe2

The tint shop pointed out to me that they always recommend going a little darker with white interior due to the amount of contrast.

That doesn’t change how dark the tint will get at night or affect mirror visibility at night. Even with the level of tint I have I find that the side mirrors are now quite dark and I have to recheck them more often when changing lanes. View attachment 358457View attachment 358458

These pics aren’t great but this is just after dawn full in Colorado so full direct sun.

@whatthe2
Very nice. Thanks.

I haven't found any troubles seeing at night at all. With that CO sun 30% just isn't enough!

I am totally fine with 30% tint. For about 3 months out of the year I'm driving to work when it's dark or nearly dark out and driving home when it's dark. I don't need to get into a wreck because I'm having trouble seeing out of the windows in an effort to make my car "look better".