Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone have White Interior with tint?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I went with SPH45 all around (except windshield). Behind me you can see another with SPH35.
tttt-jpg.366573

Whats SPH? And do you also have more pics of both the model 3 in that pic? Would like to see from different angles and lighting

Photosync 35 Rear and side windows only.

Still waiting to have one rear window done due to scratch on the window from the service I had done due to delivery issues. Unfortunately it looks like I may be on the hook for the scratch they created since they are denying warranty on it. I really want to have my tint job finished already!

Photosync.jpg

I went with SunTek CIR 40% on the sides, and 80% on the front and back windshields (all one piece on the back).

View attachment 369483

One thing this experience has taught me is that the tint looks SO DIFFERENT depending on the precise nature of the lighting at a given time and from a given angle.
thanks for posting and assume you are happy with the decision. I’m going with 40% for the heat rejection but don’t normally get tint.

thanks for posting and assume you are happy with the decision. I’m going with 40% for the heat rejection but don’t normally get tint.

I’m glad to help - this board is an amazing resource, one that I’ve benefitted from enormously. I can take more pictures if you’re interested, although there are already a lot in the thread.

I am happy with the decision, but I would recommend that you think about going with 50% instead of 40%. If you check the specs (these are for SunTek), there’s minimal difference between 40% and 50%, and I’m with you in not necessarily wanting the tint to be conspicuous. I’m wondering if I wouldn’t have preferred an even more subtle look.

I’m *very* happy with 80% on the front windshield — it’s visually noticeable when driving (in a good way), and if you look at those specs even 80% provides significant heat rejection.

I’m not sure I’d recommend *any* tint on the rear windshield if heat rejection is your main priority (as it was mine). For one, the untinted portion of the rear windshield is extremely small, so the benefit is minimal. Second, even using only 80% creates a small difference in the darkness of the glass (from the interior) between the rear piece and the sunroof square. I want to live with it some more before deciding — especially through some sunny days — but (if it’s not too costly) I may take the car in for a non-ceramic (non-heat rejection) tint at 80% on the sunroof square just to eliminate the subtle difference.

Last edited:
I’m glad to help - this board is an amazing resource, one that I’ve benefitted from enormously. I can take more pictures if you’re interested, although there are already a lot in the thread.

I am happy with the decision, but I would recommend that you think about going with 50% instead of 40%. If you check the specs (these are for SunTek), there’s minimal difference between 40% and 50%, and I’m with you in not necessarily wanting the tint to be conspicuous. I’m wondering if I wouldn’t have preferred an even more subtle look.

I’m *very* happy with 80% on the front windshield — it’s visually noticeable when driving (in a good way), and if you look at those specs even 80% provides significant heat rejection.

I’m not sure I’d recommend *any* tint on the rear windshield if heat rejection is your main priority (as it was mine). For one, the untinted portion of the rear windshield is extremely small, so the benefit is minimal. Second, even using only 80% creates a small difference in the darkness of the glass (from the interior) between the rear piece and the sunroof square. I want to live with it some more before deciding — especially through some sunny days — but (if it’s not too costly) I may take the car in for a non-ceramic (non-heat rejection) tint at 80% on the sunroof square just to eliminate the subtle difference.

I don't think the stock tint reduces heat as much as a tint like photosync. It stops UV but does not do much against IR, or so I was told. Obviously it does block some heat, but it's also a huge piece of glass. I can feel heat coming in from my top window that I did not tint, in comparison to my side windows.

Spectra PhotoSync® | Prestige

Photosync gives the highest solar heat rejection currently, almost 80% total solar energy rejection with only a 35% Where as Suntek Ceramic 5% only blocks 60% But of course Photosync costs way more too. Stratos is also good tint, although hard to say if it's worth the premium over suntek (you might want to go look at them before you decide). http://cdn.llumar.com/drupal/formulaoneautomotivespecifications2018september.pdf

Downside to tinting the rear window is light reflection at night :(

I don't think the stock tint reduces heat as much as a tint like photosync. It stops UV but does not do much against IR, or so I was told. Obviously it does block some heat, but it's also a huge piece of glass. I can feel heat coming in from my top window that I did not tint, in comparison to my side windows.

Spectra PhotoSync® | Prestige

Photosync gives the highest solar heat rejection currently, almost 80% total solar energy rejection with only a 35% Where as Suntek Ceramic 5% only blocks 60% But of course Photosync costs way more too. Stratos is also good tint, although hard to say if it's worth the premium over suntek (you might want to go look at them before you decide). http://cdn.llumar.com/drupal/formulaoneautomotivespecifications2018september.pdf

Downside to tinting the rear window is light reflection at night :(

glass roof - production change (July 2018)?

Someone did test with a small amount of 3m crystalline 70 affixed to various windows and a temp measuring device. The obviously tinted part could not see the test pattern but on the windshield and other untinted areas you could. So the tinited parts do work.

Reactions: Jivas
Getting my car tinted in a couple days, everything besides windshield. Still not sure if I want 20% or 35% all around or 35%front/20%back.

Anyone got 35% and wish they went darker? Anyone that got 20% wish they got lighter?

Getting my car tinted in a couple days, everything besides windshield. Still not sure if I want 20% or 35% all around or 35%front/20%back.

Anyone got 35% and wish they went darker? Anyone that got 20% wish they got lighter?

I sometimes think that I should have gone darker than the 30% that I put on but then I drive the car at night and can barely see out the side mirrors due to the auto dimming mirrors in the Model 3 being undefeatable currently (well you can defeat them if you're willing to disassemble your mirror pods and disconnect a wire clip). Going darker would make it borderline dangerous for me to drive at night so 30% it is!