Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone interested in buying my reservation?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
So I stood in line for about 2 1/2 hours, while I ditched work, to reserve my Model 3. Unfortunately, that was back when I actually had a good income and hadn't gotten screwed over by 3people in my life that would ultimately put me in the worst economic time of my life, as a single parent of a 7year old, since I was homeless 10years ago.
I accomplished great success after said homelessness, and was eventually able to buy 2 Model S (at different times). But just when I thought I had made it, life deals me 3 of the worst hands I've ever been dealt.
Suffice to say, I will not be able to purchase my Model 3 that I worked so hard for. So when the time would come, I would just have to cancel my order. But instead of missing out on it, why not let someone else reap the my fortune from 7 months ago?
So if anyone is interested, let me know. Make me an offer.

You may be able to sign a contract with someone, thus bypassing Tesla, saying you're bound to transfer the car to that person at the moment it arrives. And accepting a couple of thousands as a forward deposit in return, which should help you in these tough times. Where are you from, anyway?

You may be able to sign a contract with someone, thus bypassing Tesla, saying you're bound to transfer the car to that person at the moment it arrives. And accepting a couple of thousands as a forward deposit in return, which should help you in these tough times. Where are you from, anyway?

Sales tax is likely to kill most speculation

If the car doesn't have to be registered in the name of the reservation holder, Just have someone agree to buy the car a predetermined price, take the deposit and make the trip with them when it's time to pick up the car.

If the car doesn't have to be registered in the name of the reservation holder, Just have someone agree to buy the car a predetermined price, take the deposit and make the trip with them when it's time to pick up the car.
I'm not positive ...

My impression is that Tesla will provide a bill of sale to the reservation holder or one of a very limited group like immediate family.

Keep your reservation.

Order it ASAP with basic options/common color (silver if free, otherwise whatever is free) and list it the day you get it at Price+$5000.

Pocket the $5k + EV rebate.

I'm confident this will work. This car will have PS3-type hype around it when the first ones start rolling.

Keep your reservation.

Order it ASAP with basic options/common color (silver if free, otherwise whatever is free) and list it the day you get it at Price+$5000.

I'm confident this will work. This car will have PS3-type hype around it when the first ones start rolling.

Only you cannot take the EV rebate if you acquired the vehicle for resale. (Not to mention it isn't a rebate, it's a credit. Meaning 1) you need to owe enough in taxes for it to be applied, and 2) depending on timing, it could be a year later before seeing that money.)

If money is tight, purchasing the vehicle is a whole 'nuther set of challenges.

OP, I wish you well - sounds like you've dug yourself out of a hole before. Best of luck to you.

Last edited:
Reactions: ilg and Paul Carter
Keep your reservation.

Confident, huh? What about the stipulation that you need to own the vehicle for x amount of time in order to qualify for the rebate? The government doesn't take kindly to tax fraud.

Keep your reservation.

Don't forget about sales tax. $5000 probably wouldn't even cover the sales tax for me.