Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone Order 2 Model 3s?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I ordered 2 Model 3s and when I check online one has a date of Oct - Dec 2017 and the other Jan - Mar 2018 even though I ordered them the at the same time, April 1. I sent an email to Tesla complaining and received a call. The rep told me the reason for the later date for second Model 3 was because I only own 1 Model S. I own 2 Model S cars. She told me she would submit something to get it fixed. Now about a month later and multiple emails, there is no fix and no response to my last email 3 days ago. Has anyone else here had this issue?

I ordered 2 Model 3s and when I check online one has a date of Oct - Dec 2017 and the other Jan - Mar 2018 even though I ordered them the at the same time, April 1. I sent an email to Tesla complaining and received a call. The rep told me the reason for the later date for second Model 3 was because I only own 1 Model S. I own 2 Model S cars. She told me she would submit something to get it fixed. Now about a month later and multiple emails, there is no fix and no response to my last email 3 days ago. Has anyone else here had this issue?
I'm not in the 1% nor did I win the powerball so no, unlike you, I don't own two Model S vehicles and have two Model 3's on order. I wish for an AWD/P version so I won't even be getting the full tax credit while you can enjoy four full credits. :(

I'm going to go sulk in a corner for a while, but I do hope they get your slight delay taken care of. :p

I have two reservations and I also have two S's. I talked to my local showroom a little while ago and they said that they will work on it, I'm still waiting to hear back. Let me know if you ever get priority for the second one, but it looks like you at least got some because my other one shows like 2019.

Hmm, I have two on order. It looks like I'll have to purchase both even though I was told I could transfer one reservation to an immediate family member when I reserved at the store. Both have Nov-Jan dates. Not a current owner, but reserved in store on first day in the morning.

I am a person who lives a middle class existence and who has chosen paying cash for two Teslas over paying off my mortgage -- a decision that can only be described as idiotic. However my taste in expensive cars does allow me the dubious honor of rubbing keyboards with the wealthy. This fake relationship is often better than a good stand-up comic. Greg, thanks for making my day.

Last edited:
I'm not in the 1% nor did I win the powerball so no, unlike you, I don't own two Model S vehicles and have two Model 3's on order. I wish for an AWD/P version so I won't even be getting the full tax credit while you can enjoy four full credits. :(

I'm going to go sulk in a corner for a while, but I do hope they get your slight delay taken care of. :p
Best laugh all day!

Reactions: JeffK
I have similar situation, I have 2 orders pre-reveal, I am in CA and have a Tesla (1) but both of mine show the exact same dates that are a month or 2 behind other owners.
  • First Production
    310 mile range, Rear Wheel Drive and premium upgrades $49,000 Nov 2017 - Jan 2018
  • Standard Battery
    220 mile range with Rear Wheel Drive $35,000 Jan - Mar 2018
  • Dual Motor All-Wheel Drive
    Choice of 220 or 310 mile range Aug - Oct 2018
I tried to get it fixed about 3 times over the last month. Initially they said that the system had an issue and did not reflect owner status but that it was corrected. Since then, my dates haven't changed but they keep telling me that the system now has the correct status although the display of estimates doesn't seem to reflect it.

I also have two reservations. RWD as early as Oct. AWD June 2018....I guess it is advantageous to be close to the mothership.

Screen Shot 2017-08-24 at 6.03.21 PM.png

I am a current S owner in Chicago. Ordered two model 3's in store on 3/31/16 pre-reveal. One of my reservations says I could get the fully loaded RWD OCT-DEC and my second reservation just says Late 2018. The Late 2018 seems incorrect to me since that is roughly what people are getting when they deserve today. I've called twice and I have not been able to get a good explanation of why that date is so late. They told me to wait until I configure the first one to see if the date changes. That does not seem hopeful to me.

I'm a Tesla owner with one Model S who waited in line on day #1 and was in the store less than 45 minutes after they opened the doors and made two reservations. The first reservation is correct but they messed up my second order and have it as "late 2018". I called and talked to one representative, Chris, who said he'd look into it and that he'd send me an email but never emailed and now hasn't returned any of my 3 phone calls (one a week, every week). So then I called again and talked to another representative, John, who also said he'd look into it and that he'd send an email and he did send the email but hasn't responded back via email or phone for the last three weeks.

Capture.JPG

• Funny
Reactions: FlatSix911
I'm a Tesla owner with one Model S who waited in line on day #1 and was in the store less than 45 minutes after they opened the doors and made two reservations. The first reservation is correct but they messed up my second order and have it as "late 2018". I called and talked to one representative, Chris, who said he'd look into it and that he'd send me an email but never emailed and now hasn't returned any of my 3 phone calls (one a week, every week). So then I called again and talked to another representative, John, who also said he'd look into it and that he'd send an email and he did send the email but hasn't responded back via email or phone for the last three weeks.

Their first response to me was that one had a later date because I only owned one Model S. When I said I own two, they said they would fix it.