Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone ordered before Jul 1st cut off for life time premium, still have it?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I received the order notification 2 weeks before July 1st, If I would've known that there is an offer for life time premium connectivity I would've done it so before the cut off date, I did it on July 2nd and 2 days later only I hear about this option.

Wonder if I can call Tesla as ask to make an exception. I put an order first day when M3 was announced and waited for years to order it and they didn't even send any notification or email to let me know the offer. I am not in any social sites and I have no way of knowing this.

So, anyone who ordered before the cut off date still have premium connectivity and no mention of any expire date on the "About Tesla" screen?

I received the order notification 2 weeks before July 1st, If I would've known that there is an offer for life time premium connectivity I would've done it so before the cut off date, I did it on July 2nd and 2 days later only I hear about this option.

Wonder if I can call Tesla as ask to make an exception. I put an order first day when M3 was announced and waited for years to order it and they didn't even send any notification or email to let me know the offer. I am not in any social sites and I have no way of knowing this.

So, anyone who ordered before the cut off date still have premium connectivity and no mention of any expire date on the "About Tesla" screen?

I have to mention this was July 2018

Good luck, but Tesla does not seem to be a big fan of making exceptions...I had my checkbook in hand at the Tesla store prior to the 9/30/19 expiration of the 2 year free charging offer, but they didn't have any inventory M3s and said placing a new order before the cut off date didn't qualify. When I placed my 2nd order upon seeing an inventory M3 at a previous price, they emailed me an order agreement that included a $500 price adjustment and my salesman confirmed that the agreement looked good to him. They did not honor this price at delivery saying that new cars are never discounted.

I have a 6.30.2018 order date(just made it) for Model 3 AWD, ended up switching last minute to Stealth because of delays on their end, and have NOT gotten an email, and does not show an end date for the premium. I ordered a Model X 5.15.2019 (clearly way after) and I DID get an email and it expires in June a year after it was delivered. So seems it's working normally.

Of course you can always ask. I'm guessing they won't budge, but it never hurts.

It's the "Twitter" era. It's where we get our official Whitehouse communications, Tesla FSD "sales", apologies for latest misconduct, etc. According to at least this Teslarati article, it was announced about a week prior to the cutoff, so the window was small anyway.

What I am reading is, you ordered after July 1st 2018 cutoff for free lifetime premium connectivity, and want an exception from tesla. Thats how they are going to read it. "I got the notification 2 weeks before and didnt know there was a cutoff date for this feature" doesnt sound like a reason for an exception to their policies to me, but there is no harm in asking.

I just dont think "I am not on social media so didnt know there was some cutoff date" is a valid "excuse", because you had 2 weeks to place an order by your own admission, and did not, for whatever reason. What you "might" have done doesnt really matter. What you had an opportunity to do does.

You are basically saying "I had the opportunity to buy before the cutoff time, did not, but now want an exception because I didnt know it would make a difference". Thats not their fault that you didnt know, its your fault for not ordering when you were able to order, and waiting.

Shrug..

What I am reading is, you ordered after July 1st 2018 cutoff for free lifetime premium connectivity, and want an exception from tesla. Thats how they are going to read it. "I got the notification 2 weeks before and didnt know there was a cutoff date for this feature" doesnt sound like a reason for an exception to their policies to me, but there is no harm in asking.

I just dont think "I am not on social media so didnt know there was some cutoff date" is a valid "excuse", because you had 2 weeks to place an order by your own admission, and did not, for whatever reason. What you "might" have done doesnt really matter. What you had an opportunity to do does.

You are basically saying "I had the opportunity to buy before the cutoff time, did not, but now want an exception because I didnt know it would make a difference". Thats not their fault that you didnt know, its your fault for not ordering when you were able to order, and waiting.

Shrug..

When I got the order notification email I was out of country and I didn't want to end up in a situation where if I order and they would ask me to pickup before even I arrive USA, so I waited 2 weeks to place an order.

When I got the order notification email I was out of country and I didn't want to end up in a situation where if I order and they would ask me to pickup before even I arrive USA, so I waited 2 weeks to place an order.

Im just saying that, from teslas point of view, "you had 2 weeks to order, and didnt... why should we provide an exception for you?".. at least thats how I see it but I am no one, just a faceless person on the internet. You dont need to try to convince me, you need to try to convince Tesla. I am just saying, dont expect too much from them, because they have not messed anything up in your case. You are asking for an EXCEPTION, you were not "wronged".

Im just hoping that, if they tell you "No, sorry", you dont come back here and post something like "Poor customer service: My tesla story" like people seem to do now when they hear something they dont like.

The wording of the question in the thread title made me nervous, like folks were seeing it go away who ordered before July 2018!

I just checked. It still shows “Free Unlimited”. We ordered 28 July 2018, and took delivery the next month.

I read Tesla news since buying our MS to stay current on updates and such and saw Tesla announce the free premium connectivity would end at end of June 2018. The news was out there for a bit. I had been invited to order a Model 3 back in February (actually Valentine's Day) however only RWDs were available at that time but I really wanted an AWD version so held off placing an order. Since I was late to reserve, 8/26/17, I had to wait for all those before me to order before I could order my AWD. Got my invite for the AWD on 6/26 and jumped on ordering while out for dinner. Had I not gotten the invite on the AWD I would have still waited to order even knowing the Premium Connectivity was going to a yearly subscription. Companies have to establish rules for offers and I see no reason why they should even be asked to make exceptions like this. If they let one person get an offer that expired already by 7/2, why not then 7/3, 7/4 etc. More like a little kid move to ask IMO.

And yes, I have Lifetime Premium Connectivity shown in my account. It was Tesla's incentive for getting additional Q2 2018 final sales and it was advertised.