Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Now the problem for Tesla becomes the flooding of the market with pre-owned MS and MX with Flintstones suspensions and the "Osborne Effect" of people waiting for better.

In my opinion - an upgraded suspension is not really worth spending additional 20/30 K for. The auto height adjustment works prettty smooth on bad roads (very high setting). I would rather look forward to full refresh and upgraded battery.

Not a bad start in terms of efficiency on an X...

IMG_20190609_091819.jpg

Also, I have to say that coming from the 3, it's so weird to not just be able to walk up to the X, open the door, and drive away without a fob. I know I can technically do these things manually with the app, but the X needs Phone as Key stat. It's a glaring deficiency compared to the 'lesser' car in the lineup.

Also, I have to say that coming from the 3, it's so weird to not just be able to walk up to the X, open the door, and drive away without a fob. I know I can technically do these things manually with the app, but the X needs Phone as Key stat. It's a glaring deficiency compared to the 'lesser' car in the lineup.

The only problem with the phone key on the 3 is its inability to change driver profiles. I love that the X is always on my settings when I get in because the fob switches to the correct profile. The 3 I've got to switch all the time since my wife and I drive both cars equally

Reactions: BulldogsRus
i don't mind a fob at all, with self presenting door, you don't even have to touch anything.. just have the key in my work bag press the brake pedal and shift to drive. and it works 100% of the time.. instead of using the phone with bluetooth reliability issues.

Reactions: Gen3
In my opinion - an upgraded suspension is not really worth spending additional 20/30 K for. The auto height adjustment works prettty smooth on bad roads (very high setting). I would rather By forward to full refresh and upgraded battery.

If i was coming from a Model 3, I understand that observation. We had a Model 3 reservation for my wife (I have a 2017 Model S 100D) but she simply could not get past the lack of an instrument display and the minimalist cockpit. If the interior Model X refresh is going to be more Model 3 like ... this is her only Model X opportunity for the foreseeable future.

As for battery ... I don't see the advantage of waiting for the 2170 battery upgrade right now. When the Maxwell battery upgrade is available, that will be a completely different story and I'm looking forward to that upgrade.

As for battery range, she took the position: 'We are not paying $10K for 70 miles of extra range' ... I'm hoping they are still shipping a 100kWh battery software locked to standard range because my gut is saying winter is going to change her mind and have me pay more than $10K to unlock :oops:

Reactions: MP3Mike
The only problem with the phone key on the 3 is its inability to change driver profiles. I love that the X is always on my settings when I get in because the fob switches to the correct profile. The 3 I've got to switch all the time since my wife and I drive both cars equally

Agreed, but that's a current issue. No reason it shouldn't be added soon.

If i was coming from a Model 3, I understand that observation. We had a Model 3 reservation for my wife (I have a 2017 Model S 100D) but she simply could not get past the lack of an instrument display and the minimalist cockpit. If the interior Model X refresh is going to be more Model 3 like ... this is her only Model X opportunity for the foreseeable future.

As for battery ... I don't see the advantage of waiting for the 2170 battery upgrade right now. When the Maxwell battery upgrade is available, that will be a completely different story and I'm looking forward to that upgrade.

As for battery range, she took the position: 'We are not paying $10K for 70 miles of extra range' ... I'm hoping they are still shipping a 100kWh battery software locked to standard range because my gut is saying winter is going to change her mind and have me pay more than $10K to unlock :oops:

I can tell you the battery and range increase is nice but the suspension change is huge, (coming from 2016 model X my only grip about the car was the suspension and the shudder. flint-stone/dinosaur suspension engineered at a wrong angle which will break the half-shafts). the upgrade from the suspension alone is a big step from the older model S/X, and new mounting angle is more neutral instead of a slight offset

• Informative
Reactions: ICUDoc and cuspie

Having your phone unlock your car is cool, but my pants unlock my car! The little 5th pocket that nobody uses anymore holds the fob so I never have to think about it. I just walk up and drive away.

Having your phone unlock your car is cool, but my pants unlock my car! The little 5th pocket that nobody uses anymore holds the fob so I never have to think about it. I just walk up and drive away.

Apparently you wash it and also only wear one pair of pants. :)

Seriously, there are other aspects--us runners don't have pockets.

Reactions: candy_sr and heems
In my opinion - an upgraded suspension is not really worth spending additional 20/30 K for. The auto height adjustment works prettty smooth on bad roads (very high setting). I would rather look forward to full refresh and upgraded battery.

Gotta go with what makes you happy. For me, this was as much about AP3 as anything else. My AP1 car was solid for the three years I had it, but I really want freeway level 3 at least, and it sounds like Tesla will be there soon.

So I was toying with the idea, and then Raven came - and then Elon made the Ludicrous offer, and I realized this was probably my only chance to buy a Ludicrous car, because I just couldn't justify the extra cost.

The watchword is smooth. Smoother acceleration (no shudder at high power,) smoother over bumps, and much smother Autopilot, too, especially in places like cut ins that AP1 handled poorly.

I was really surprised at how important turn signal commanded auto lane change is to the flow of a road trip (just did a little ~300 mile adventure, and they apparently coded my car wrong at delivery so it doesn't think it has FSD yet.). It didn't seem like it'd matter much, but having to drop AP every time you change lanes and engage again is really annoying. Does anyone except Tesla do auto lane change yet?

Interesting, yeah

But your model 3 pack is only 70 or so kWh. Here’s some info from tesla that has a charging speed table: Wall Connector

Raven models will be just a bit higher, maybe ten percent, just because they are more efficient with energy use.

Thanks for the info. Looks like im going to be limited to 35 miles per hour at home. Kind of sucks but the good news is I can install my other Tesla wall charger on the same 100A line and charge both at once at max power.

Reactions: redgt
The watchword is smooth. Smoother acceleration (no shudder at high power,) smoother over bumps, and much smother Autopilot, too, especially in places like cut ins that AP1 handled poorly.

I came from a Model S AP1... The biggest gripe I have with the new HW3 is the random phantom braking everyone talks about. It's so sudden and unexpected, and rather dangerous too.

I wish it would alarm or make a sound (like when it shows the red car in front) when it's going to slam on the brakes out of nowhere.

You’re making my question my choice of white. But every car I’ve ever owned was tan in the interior - so we decided to try something different.

I’m having anxiety for two reasons - posts about white interiors having all black dashes by mistake, and whether the dark headliner will make the interior too dark.

I pick up on Tuesday - fingers crossed that everything checks out!

Reactions: Zaxxon
You’re making my question my choice of white. But every car I’ve ever owned was tan in the interior - so we decided to try something different.

I’m having anxiety for two reasons - posts about white interiors having all black dashes by mistake, and whether the dark headliner will make the interior too dark.

I pick up on Tuesday - fingers crossed that everything checks out!

why don't you just order another one put down 2500 with the tan interior

so that way if something is wrong you potentially have a order ready before the end of the month for tax credit

if things turn out ok, just cancel the order no harm done , since they're batching this anyways. a lot of people order late May having delivery this week