Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Anyone who has picked up their new X have any quality issues they noted during their inspection and/or receipt?

One of my 22" rims was dinged upon delivery - they are going to be replacing it by mobile service. Also, the alignment is slightly off - so they are doing a re-alignment tomorrow.

I'm also having an issue with my firmware (2019.7.106) - I keep getting a message that says "a Software Update is required. Contact Tesla service."

I have an appointment tomorrow for them to look at the car. They tried pushing me a hard update, but it didn't fix the message.

Reactions: SatDat4ALL
Just received a software update: 2019.16.3

Love that I finally have Sentry Mode with high resolution video, as well as the new Driving Visualization.

2D61113D-61A0-4EBA-B5F9-61E6E2B45A0D.jpeg

A9FC7D70-81D9-4ACC-8BEB-F1207C94E03A.jpeg

• Informative
Reactions: VikH and Zaxxon
All the no VIN folks. You’ve all completed the pre-delivery items including payment section and hit the blue submit button?

My ownership advisor told me to hold off on the payment section, but then after a three week wait had me complete it and I got a VIN match shortly after.

There are currently not enough 2170s available to even think about it. And with the Model Y coming I doubt there will be for a long time.

That's the crux of it. If they ramp the 2170s, they'll go to more 3s. If they ramp further, they'll go to Tesla Energy. If they ramp further after that, they'll go to the Y. The S/X will make sense to swap only once Tesla is absolutely rolling in 2170s since they run just fine on 18650s, especially given the recent efficiency upgrade.

Further, we're currently reaping the advantages of Tesla needing to push demand for the S/X. When there's a big interior refresh and battery upgrade? Gonna have to pay for that.

The math seems simple to me. Now's the time to buy if you're at all on the fence, as we were and did.

That's the crux of it. If they ramp the 2170s, they'll go to more 3s. If they ramp further, they'll go to Tesla Energy. If they ramp further after that, they'll go to the Y. The S/X will make sense to swap only once Tesla is absolutely rolling in 2170s since they run just fine on 18650s, especially given the recent efficiency upgrade.

And by then there may be Maxwell 18650s.

All the no VIN folks. You’ve all completed the pre-delivery items including payment section and hit the blue submit button?

My ownership advisor told me to hold off on the payment section, but then after a three week wait had me complete it and I got a VIN match shortly after.

Hello,
Where do I find the pre-delivery items? I don’t see this while logged in on my phone. Thanks

Yup, everything completed the same day. A month and no VIN. There have been a number of posts by folks who are being told by their delivery reps that Tesla is no longer producing on demand, but rather mass producing then matching production to orders.

Unfortunately for those of us buying M X, if true this turns into the proverbial lottery. Tesla has reduced staff, and reduced M X factory runs by 1/2 by ending the evening shift. Elon also stated that their main focus is on the M 3. Such an approach would explain why deliveries on the spreadsheet are no where close to sequential.

On the upside my Delivery rep did report that she could see my order was in production - but that there was still no vin match. This phrasing could support, or counter either production theory. The down side is that I read (from last year while the M X production line was running dual shifts) that it took 9 days to produce an X. With that down to 1 shift does this mean I am still 3 weeks out?

I dunno. It will arrive when it arrives - hopefully without issue.

• Informative
Reactions: JPM66