Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone received delivery of 2019 'Raven' Refresh?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Any reason you haven't finished the payment section? That doesn't require payment; I finished mine even though I'm using a third-party lender. Not sure that has any impact on your time frame; just saying I went further than you even though I haven't paid anything (or even finalized the loan--just chose the lender).
I am through other than showing up with a check and mine still looks just like that

I am through other than showing up with a check and mine still looks just like that

Have you guys already gotten to the 'Next Steps - We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment' portion? I initially had the checklist similar to @SabrToothSqrl, then that went away and now I just have two tabs--Next Steps where there's nothing to do, and Completed Tasks, where there's nothing to do. No open payment option like the screenshot from @SabrToothSqrl. I've been in this position since I finished confirming a couple days after order.

_g0ffrpuLK28vP8vYWYs-TtyfNFOuUT5tmWUKYHUsfU8F6grLbVq94uoqXR9qAiHLRT2yIjgwFbY7xCsAeFn4cwWbEivxftEBGHK7bP_dsoHZEZvEW7LCaRhLFXtAhZkIt1HyVa6FwLMNsmI1bSlrq-eifHI58B9cEu9mDFoxad_t11OPP8P1cwSTmXNBoqRfYpAIbg7S0nkYOrrwICGaWhp_zm78pRVr_zmngcG0CGdhYPAgdmeiCUWHDg4gmnnSuE-yAD9rx1KZr9KRdgUOEfmVC9G_-VxVZ7fwSmQyJ0HX5PETVa5DnA4qWf9asXcXWCjoxGcY9Qug-3cTRyG_FlC7aeI32ZaFPdQ3wKCwFTr2qZVFF8pFZbSNiUiOXTUBYgqyhkEQS89ndT4W7u6qhCWI81YLFBSqKmCE4o5LkW2yMic0PJlbc8hfnikIlfTMdU-nLS8nbrQE5UI8YSNjp2ideUStk-X-ksHiAuNBoPup_3FBB9ya65cpcgR0IUbPboEn1LEE3shA8uUApzCDtMnMOwa1kh9N3Yb4jVYBAe3Nj0UnY0BA4qCVm29qSXNTxEoJz3b4R-qy4yBTtJDNDyGF8xyZGCrKTWaTjEIeGbmCyaouyyGU72b1loshogkdsxWS5HCvWTFqHBHOvqWRNU0Hw3KOHLj=w462-h891-no

Have you guys already gotten to the 'Next Steps - We are drafting up your contract and will contact you when you can make your final payment' portion? I initially had the checklist similar to @SabrToothSqrl, then that went away and now I just have two tabs--Next Steps where there's nothing to do, and Completed Tasks, where there's nothing to do. No open payment option like the screenshot from @SabrToothSqrl. I've been in this position since I finished confirming a couple days after order.

_g0ffrpuLK28vP8vYWYs-TtyfNFOuUT5tmWUKYHUsfU8F6grLbVq94uoqXR9qAiHLRT2yIjgwFbY7xCsAeFn4cwWbEivxftEBGHK7bP_dsoHZEZvEW7LCaRhLFXtAhZkIt1HyVa6FwLMNsmI1bSlrq-eifHI58B9cEu9mDFoxad_t11OPP8P1cwSTmXNBoqRfYpAIbg7S0nkYOrrwICGaWhp_zm78pRVr_zmngcG0CGdhYPAgdmeiCUWHDg4gmnnSuE-yAD9rx1KZr9KRdgUOEfmVC9G_-VxVZ7fwSmQyJ0HX5PETVa5DnA4qWf9asXcXWCjoxGcY9Qug-3cTRyG_FlC7aeI32ZaFPdQ3wKCwFTr2qZVFF8pFZbSNiUiOXTUBYgqyhkEQS89ndT4W7u6qhCWI81YLFBSqKmCE4o5LkW2yMic0PJlbc8hfnikIlfTMdU-nLS8nbrQE5UI8YSNjp2ideUStk-X-ksHiAuNBoPup_3FBB9ya65cpcgR0IUbPboEn1LEE3shA8uUApzCDtMnMOwa1kh9N3Yb4jVYBAe3Nj0UnY0BA4qCVm29qSXNTxEoJz3b4R-qy4yBTtJDNDyGF8xyZGCrKTWaTjEIeGbmCyaouyyGU72b1loshogkdsxWS5HCvWTFqHBHOvqWRNU0Hw3KOHLj=w462-h891-no
Yup, I am here now. I did have a "pay now" button about 2 weeks ago, but now that's gone.

I spoke to the delivery team in Canada this morning and they are estimating a mid-June delivery date. They couldn't provide any sort of confirmation though. As with many on this thread, my order was confirmed on May 7th with an estimated May delivery. I have had no luck speaking to anyone on the sales team, they've ghosted me...

They certainly MAKE it, it has a part number, and can be ordered. The question is what's in the car.

Just because it has a part number doesn't mean they still make it. Though they probably at least have stock for repairs on cars that came with it.

I guess I should have said they no longer make cars with a 72 amp charger in the NA/single phase markets.

Just because it has a part number doesn't mean they still make it. Though they probably at least have stock for repairs on cars that came with it.

I guess I should have said they no longer make cars with a 72 amp charger in the NA/single phase markets.

It's literally the same internals with one extra phase board in it, 3 boards vs 2. The unit itself is quite expensive due to integrating the HVJB.

Dumb cost cutting, that's all this is.

It's literally the same internals with one extra phase board in it, 3 boards vs 2. The unit itself is quite expensive due to integrating the HVJB.

Dumb cost cutting, that's all this is.

Tesla has probably looked at the data and found that most people don't ever use the extra capacity and as such it didn't make sense to include it in every car, and not enough people wanted to pay extra to justify having two parts on the assembly line. That and it should be needed less as the Supercharger network continues to expand and/or they make a CCS adapter. (Or even make the CHAdeMO adapter work on the Model 3.)

• Disagree
Reactions: AWDtsla
Tesla has probably looked at the data and found that most people don't ever use the extra capacity and as such it didn't make sense to include it in every car, and not enough people wanted to pay extra to justify having two parts on the assembly line. That and it should be needed less as the Supercharger network continues to expand and/or they make a CCS adapter. (Or even make the CHAdeMO adapter work on the Model 3.)

I don't care about "most" people. Many people want and enjoy higher amperage home charging, including myself. Especially now with paid supercharging that's 50% more expensive, why the hell would I want to supercharge? If nothing else, it clogs up the supercharger network.

CCS and chademo are irrelevant in the US, and would be irrelevant in Canada too if Tesla would simply build it's supercharger network. But this is an ENTIRELY different topic, you're just trying to distract from the reduction in functionality for everyday use.

I don't care about "most" people. Many people want and enjoy higher amperage home charging, including myself. Especially now with paid supercharging that's 50% more expensive, why the hell would I want to supercharge? If nothing else, it clogs up the supercharger network.

CCS and chademo are irrelevant in the US, and would be irrelevant in Canada too if Tesla would simply build it's supercharger network. But this is an ENTIRELY different topic, you're just trying to distract from the reduction in functionality for everyday use.

Tesla isn't trying to be the everything to everyone. They are trying to survive and part of doing that is to cut costs where appropriate. It is the same reason that they cut paint colors that weren't popular.

Tesla isn't trying to be the everything to everyone. They are trying to survive and part of doing that is to cut costs where appropriate. It is the same reason that they cut paint colors that weren't popular.
They're not going to survive by making their product worse. You've added a false dichotomy ontop of trying to change to the topic.

This is just annoying. You're not helping Tesla. Stop.

They're not going to survive by making their product worse. You've added a false dichotomy ontop of trying to change to the topic.

This is just annoying. You're not helping Tesla. Stop.

Correction: they have made their product worse for an extremely small subset of customers. The number of people who need (not want) 72 amps of charging are very limited. They must meet all of the following criteria:

1) Live in a rural area without easy access to superchargers
2) Regularly drive multiple, long trips in a single day, totaling over 200 miles
3) Space those trips out with enough time that they could get sufficient range from ~17kW charging at 72amps

You're an edge case. It sucks, I get it. I'm 6'6" and have to fly in airplanes regularly - sometimes you have to accept that not everything is designed to meet your needs exactly.

Correction: they have made their product worse for an extremely small subset of customers. The number of people who need (not want) 72 amps of charging are very limited. They must meet all of the following criteria:

1) Live in a rural area without easy access to superchargers
Again. NO. They're trying to actively discourage you from supercharging, and you should avoid it anyway. It's expensive, takes time, and is bad for your battery.

2) Regularly drive multiple, long trips in a single day, totaling over 200 miles
3) Space those trips out with enough time that they could get sufficient range from ~17kW charging at 72amps

You're an edge case. It sucks, I get it. I'm 6'6" and have to fly in airplanes regularly - sometimes you have to accept that not everything is designed to meet your needs exactly.
You could say the same thing about range. The average commute is 32 miles. Who needs 370 miles of range? You've just said Tesla's newest shiniest upgrade is dumb. Congratulations?

Look, none of you have good arguments because there are none. Tesla literally saved tens of dollars to hobble user facing functionality. Every S/X should come with 72A capability.

While your insight into Tesla's internal cost structure for maintaining a separate charger for models with a small minority of their total company volume is admirable, I will trust Tesla's judgment on this one. After all, they have all the data both from the cost-to-produce-and-support side as well as the use-in-the-field side.

Reactions: bhzmark and MP3Mike
Last edited: