Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Anyone regret white interior?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Do they not get dirty quickly? I ask because in the Tesla showroom, they have swatches of the different materials for the S, X, and 3. And the white samples were all filthy from people touching them. I can't hep but to think the same happens in the car.

It does look rally nice in pictures, though.

We have the white interior on our X with carbon fiber accents - 7 months in and no issues.

Ordered the P3D- but did black inside. Couldn’t bring ourselves to have two cars with the same interior colors.

I figured it’s an easy change to switch to the white on the 3 since it’s just seats, door insets and an easily swappable dash trim.

The X on the other hand has a bunch more pieces that are white (three rows of leather, armrests all around, dash pieces, screen trim, glovebox, etc.)

ZERO RAGURTS. This week I had gotten road tar on my work shoes during a walk at lunch break. I ended up sitting on my foot at one point at work. When I got home I noticed the tar had gotten on my pants. I changed and later that evening realized...*sugar* it could have gotten on my seats during the drive home.

Go out to the garage and open the door to find black tar all over my beautiful white seat. I end up using a multipurpose cleaner for a while and end up getting a good majority off. I remember WD40 being quite the solvent so I attempted to attack the rest of the tar with that. Sure enough it wiped right off and the seat was a clean as new.

God bless vinyl!!!

• Informative
Reactions: Jazz_MIII and 03DSG
ZERO RAGURTS. This week I had gotten road tar on my work shoes during a walk at lunch break. I ended up sitting on my foot at one point at work. When I got home I noticed the tar had gotten on my pants. I changed and later that evening realized...*sugar* it could have gotten on my seats during the drive home.

Go out to the garage and open the door to find black tar all over my beautiful white seat. I end up using a multipurpose cleaner for a while and end up getting a good majority off. I remember WD40 being quite the solvent so I attempted to attack the rest of the tar with that. Sure enough it wiped right off and the seat was a clean as new.

God bless vinyl!!!

WOW....lucky YOU! Happy to hear a nice polyurethane success story. LOL.

Almost 10K miles; the white interior still looks great. Love the open, airy feel. I'm a red head with a hyper sensitivity to light. I've not noticed reflections from the white dash strip, or anything else related to the interior's white color. I do get lots of compliments on the white interior.

I think it looks awesome, and since I'll use this for work, 95% of the time it's just me, so not worried about friends, kids, clients, etc. messing it up. However, I worry that the white on the dash may get annoying and distracting, and that the white will just wear with discoloration from my jeans, cell phone on console, etc....anyone had any problems? With the color options pretty limited, the white seats definitely give a nice "pop" and uniqueness to the car...
I love the white. M
I think it looks awesome, and since I'll use this for work, 95% of the time it's just me, so not worried about friends, kids, clients, etc. messing it up. However, I worry that the white on the dash may get annoying and distracting, and that the white will just wear with discoloration from my jeans, cell phone on console, etc....anyone had any problems? With the color options pretty limited, the white seats definitely give a nice "pop" and uniqueness to the car...
Nope. Looks great 8 months later!