Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP allowing 10MPH over limit (Red Light Stop).

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.

JulienW

Jul 7, 2018
Atlanta
Noticed that on a certain short stretch of road and only going in one direction that AP allows me to go 10MPH (or more) over the speed limit. Also using Red Light/Stop Sign stopping and can only go the speed limit everywhere else. Thought it was a one time fluke but have now repeated it. Have others seen this happen? Sorry for the crappy pic but watching road and got a lot of thumb in the pic. It was actually showing the "Stoping at Red Light" message below my thumb and I had to crop. And you can see the Red Light to the left.

IMG_4690.jpeg

Noticed that on a certain short stretch of road and only going in one direction that AP allows me to go 10MPH (or more) over the speed limit. Also using Red Light/Stop Sign stopping and can only go the speed limit everywhere else. Thought it was a one time fluke but have now repeated it. Have others seen this happen? Sorry for the crappy pic but watching road and got a lot of thumb in the pic. It was actually showing the "Stoping at Red Light" message below my thumb and I had to crop. And you can see the Red Light to the left.

View attachment 557227

Lol, this is hilarious.

Yes, it happens. But there will be people here who tell you it doesn’t, even though you have a pic, because they know everything...

Thanks for posting.

I haven’t figured out all the scenarios. There is a road near me that has no limit for about a 1/4 mile. I think it’s simply tagged wrong.

going from a road with a large median & stoplights to a 2 lane each way with a center turn.

all magic I guess.

Reactions: BuggDDS
Some road speed limits are not in the data base and 45 mph is the default. Look at the display and if it shows two gray lane lines in addition to the two blue ones the car thinks it's on a three lane road and will allow more than 5 mph over the limit. That's all dependent on the cameras, not the data base.

...Look at the display and if it shows two gray lane lines in addition to the two blue ones the car thinks it's on a three lane road and will allow more than 5 mph over the limit....

It dons't show 2 gray lines or "think" there are 3 lanes. The car "knows" there is only 2 lanes and has used both lanes many times and it does't "see" a lane that is not there.

IMG_4690.jpeg

Could also be a difference between seen signed and mapped data? I notice the signs shown on the screen are often vastly different over the physical ones on the street.

For example it shows 35 but the actual signs are 45. Perhaps the mapped data is 45 and system is allowing the higher of the two due to conflict.

No idea.