Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
November 2014 S85. I’ve tried the update slider and reboot. My WiFi is so-so. Some days I park right up against my house, other days I’m about 25 feet away. But there are times that it has a very good WiFi connection.
Regardless, whether you're on wifi or not, you should still get the notification of an update. I would definitely call your nearest service center and have them push the update to you.

Regardless, whether you're on wifi or not, you should still get the notification of an update. I would definitely call your nearest service center and have them push the update to you.

Agree. My garage is too far away to use my WIFI, but I still get the notification, though it requests connecting to WIFI to download. What I do is just create a personal hotspot from my iPhone and connect the car to that.

Reactions: David29
You might consider staying there for a while. I have not been invited to the V10 party either, and am happy to be late.
I'm sure its not a huge game changer of an update for us, but I just like to get the newest version. I'll give it another week and call up Tesla to see if they can push the update to me. Any recommendations on how i do that? Someone mentioned calling my service center? I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or a serious statement... I cant get a hold of anyone at my service center.... ever.

I'm sure its not a huge game changer of an update for us, but I just like to get the newest version. I'll give it another week and call up Tesla to see if they can push the update to me. Any recommendations on how i do that? Someone mentioned calling my service center? I'm not sure if that was sarcasm or a serious statement... I cant get a hold of anyone at my service center.... ever.
Assuming you have advanced notifications set to "On", and are still not getting the update, you can visit the SC in person, or if too far away, call the number and hit "2" twice.

So this is a new one. I’ve had a red line across my screen for a few weeks. I tried rebooting and there’s also been a software update that did not fix it. Is this the screen dying? I have no delamination on this screen (only on the IC screen) or any yellowing etc.

E2CF5EB6-6DB2-45C3-88D7-D1F865C982D5.jpeg

Edit: sorry, not sure why the pic came out upside down.

I have a 2015 85D and ever since I got the V10 update I noticed the biggest Autopilot change I've seen since I got the car (March 2019). It's much more "human like" with dealing with stop and go traffic, easing on the brake/accelerator, braking sooner than before. Obviously didn't get Netflix and everything else but I use Autopilot a lot more than I Supercharge, so that was a welcome update.

So this is a new one. I’ve had a red line across my screen for a few weeks. I tried rebooting and there’s also been a software update that did not fix it. Is this the screen dying? I have no delamination on this screen (only on the IC screen) or any yellowing etc.

I'm a computer engineer and have seen this problem before in various applications, takes a little bit of digging into but the issue is that...

They installed your screen upside down!

So apparently it’s a TAB error and since I’m out of warranty I’m also out of luck on getting it fixed short of replacing the entire screen. Here I was feeling lucky I didn’t have delamination...
Maybe just another symptom of not putting an automotive grade monitor in an automobile.

What's a TAB error? Is that a common thing or are you one of the "lucky" first.

Searching forums it appears as though I’m the lucky first. Yay.

From this site:
SOLVED: MacBook Pro 13 display problem - MacBook Pro 13" Unibody Mid 2009

That is what is known as a TAB fault (Tape Automated Bonding) and is caused by a connection failure from the TAB that connects the transparent electrode layers to the video driver board of an LCD.

(this looks like an identical error that is occurring on my screen—I still could be wrong)

Last edited: