Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP1 ONLY Please -- life after 2018.50.6

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Sample size of 15 mins, but seems to be a a little snappier. Web browser worked first load of a Google search, but I’m sure that’ll die in a couple days.

Really annoyed by the implementation of the task bar. Non-“split” HVAC controls also being anchored on the left is head scratching - and just leaves a permanent dead space on the right. Also a lack of passenger seat heater dock short cut is weak. Also the fact that we can only have 4 apps docked and need to have a space for a “recent” app. I am genuinely surprised that the UX team is still employed.

Sample size of 15 mins, but seems to be a a little snappier. Web browser worked first load of a Google search, but I’m sure that’ll die in a couple days.

Really annoyed by the implementation of the task bar. Non-“split” HVAC controls also being anchored on the left is head scratching - and just leaves a permanent dead space on the right. Also a lack of passenger seat heater dock short cut is weak. Also the fact that we can only have 4 apps docked and need to have a space for a “recent” app. I am genuinely surprised that the UX team is still employed.
The right one shows up whenever it detects a passenger in the passenger seat. You can also drag the seat heater to the inside of each temperature display and it will shrink them to allow you to have both temp and seat heater controls for both driver & passenger with the caveat that there needs to be a passenger detected to show those. Just press and hold on one of the four you can see for a pop-up of other options you can drag down there and arrange how you want them.

It is weak that you can only have 4 apps but I LOVE the ability to add a heated steering wheel control as one of those. For half of the year or more here in Colorado the first thing I have to do every time I hop into the car is tap the HVAC to maximize it to either turn the heated wheel on or make sure that the app triggered it properly. Having it right there w/o the need to tap the screen multiple times is a game changer. It will get better but so far it's a large quality of life improvement for me. Really liking where this is going now with the ability to customize things for the end user. Big things to come on that front I'm guessing.

You saw 114 at 24% though. 33% or so is the CC-CV cutover point where the pack voltage is at max but the cells can still sink max current. What was your charge rate at the 33-34%?

Previously with reasonable California temps and none of what I consider to be thermal throttling, I’ll see >100kW through 50%. Really curious to see if I can replicate your 110ish through 63. That would be amazing.

Yesterday I was at 34% SOC to 74% (250kw Supercharger) and it took me 34 min on my 2015 MS 85D with 100km.
I have only been getting max 75kwH at V3 Superchargers over the past month so I think I've been throttled?

I often have to remember to turn my passenger side one off after the passenger leaves. I wonder it it will also remain on the screen if it is turned on, even when a passenger is not there. If not I have an issue.
I'm pretty sure that the new implementation is no passenger detected, no seat heat active. I think I saw others talking about this about not being able to "pre-heat" the passenger seat for a passenger before they got in.

I'm pretty sure that the new implementation is no passenger detected, no seat heat active. I think I saw others talking about this about not being able to "pre-heat" the passenger seat for a passenger before they got in.
Well that's kind of silly; it's not saving much if any power. I installed aftermarket seat heats in a car 20 years ago; each seat was fused at 3A (3, not 30). Very little power draw.

I just downloaded it. From my simple tests nothing shows on the main screen unless you tap the temperature, then you get the entire suite of things you can do with climate control. This is going to be an issue since my wife never turns off her seat heater before leaving the car. At least before I could see it was on and I would tap it off.

BTW running split allows a mini popup when you swipe either temp adjuster in the main screen footer. But good luck on figuring out what technique gets the popup to come up vs changing the temperature, causing the full climate popup to appear or turning off the temp, especially while driving. I guess someone with more adept fingers is going to have to explain it to me.

There was another thread running recently talking about the effects of one side being on vs both in a split system. Did not see how that was possible in this new UI. In fact if you tap one of the temps off, both sides go off, and vice versa. Yes you can have different temps for each side, but if it's on for one it's on for both.

I just downloaded it. From my simple tests nothing shows on the main screen unless you tap the temperature, then you get the entire suite of things you can do with climate control. This is going to be an issue since my wife never turns off her seat heater before leaving the car. At least before I could see it was on and I would tap it off.

BTW running split allows a mini popup when you swipe either temp adjuster in the main screen footer. But good luck on figuring out what technique gets the popup to come up vs changing the temperature, causing the full climate popup to appear or turning off the temp, especially while driving. I guess someone with more adept fingers is going to have to explain it to me.

Glad to see the v11 made it to the MCU1.
The climate control is not the greatest to access… until you know how to: it’s poorly explained and no one RTFM, so here goes:
From anywhere in the bottom new “task bar”: simply … just… swipe up!

I really mean from anywhere: you can touch start even from any icon (temp, app, volume…), as long as you don’t “untouch”, but instead swipe up, that will open the climate control window, and not that app of function.

I personally find this change one of the nicest of v11: in v10, one needed to surgically aim for the climate icon, which really required looking at the screen, way down. Now I don’t even need to look at the screen: simplify from the bottom bezel, touch and swipe up on the screen and “voilà”.

I also really like that the keep temperature function is placed in the bottom left corner: again a much easier to find spot.

Anyway, hope this helps.

Note: I find the other way, which is to touch the temperature to open a mini control screen quite odd and not useful. If anyone figured how it is useful, please share. It always increase or decrease the temp by doing so, which requires me to adapt again the temp.

I’m still hopeful for SuC speed restoration for our old 85, but our last European road trip last year (summer 2021) did not see any improved speed.
Those are quite fast speed: which sw version are you on?
I find you want to be over over 95 deg F, but less than 115 deg F, to enable best speed without having the pack cooler and fans run excessively, using energy after the charge.

SMT tells you the max charge speed which you can see increase with pack temp. If the pack is over 95 deg, no need to have the pack heater come on by navigating to the SuC.

My version is 2021.24.28

Reactions: AustinP

I really mean from anywhere: you can touch start even from any icon (temp, app, volume…), as long as you don’t “untouch”, but instead swipe up, that will open the climate control window, and not that app of function.
As I mentioned, I was able to swipe to get the popup to appear, but it is not consistent and reliable. And this was sitting in the garage. Trying to do this while driving is going to be extra difficult. Not a fan of that UI feature.

From you comment, you swipe up from the temp adjuster.
Did you try from anywhere else?
We're probably taking about two different popups.

I am OK with the full climate control popup on swipe (anywhere).

What I was trying to bring up with a swipe (and it turns out this does not work) is the mini "split" popup, that you see when you change the temperature.

I thought I was swiping the temp to get it to appear vs just changing the temp. Turns out every time I swiped it I was actually changing the temperature. Trying to swipe to get that will vary from changing the temperature to turning the climate on/off. :confused:

We're probably taking about two different popups.

I am OK with the full climate control popup on swipe (anywhere).

What I was trying to bring up with a swipe (and it turns out this does not work) is the mini "split" popup, that you see when you change the temperature.

I thought I was swiping the temp to get it to appear vs just changing the temp. Turns out every time I swiped it I was actually changing the temperature. Trying to swipe to get that will vary from changing the temperature to turning the climate on/off. :confused:
Ok, got you.
Yes, that mini climate window makes no sense to me.
For me, it opens just when taping temp ^ (increase) or v (decrease). Not by swiping.
And indeed, doing so ups or downs the temp every time, like it or not.
As I mentioned ealier, I don’t like it and it makes no sense to me.

Reactions: aesculus
Don't know if this is new with this update or the last one, but....

It has been a little warm here lately; 34 C (-93F) and supercharging completely shut off the AC when I was in the car. Okay, used to this, nothing unusual, and now there was actually a warning message on the touchscreen denoted by a black exclamation mark stating this fact, "cabin air conditioner reduced due to battery cooling" but the part that was unexpected was the fact that after after supercharging to just 65% the vents didn't start venting cold air for 15 minutes into the drive. And my AC was just serviced.

Going to have to remember this and attempt to stop supercharging, then condition/cool the cabin before getting to the car, yet before getting charged idle fees? (of course at superchargers where there is no-one waiting)

Don't know if this is new with this update or the last one, but....

It has been a little warm here lately; 34 C (-93F) and supercharging completely shut off the AC when I was in the car. Okay, used to this, nothing unusual, and now there was actually a warning message on the touchscreen denoted by a black exclamation mark stating this fact, "cabin air conditioner reduced due to battery cooling" but the part that was unexpected was the fact that after after supercharging to just 65% the vents didn't start venting cold air for 15 minutes into the drive. And my AC was just serviced.

Going to have to remember this and attempt to stop supercharging, then condition/cool the cabin before getting to the car, yet before getting charged idle fees? (of course at superchargers where there is no-one waiting)

I have never seen this with my 85D and I exclusively supercharge. I live in the southeast US where it is normally 90-100F this time of year. Even on days with a heat index of 110F air conditioning stays ice cold in the cabin while supercharging (outside of intermittent 5-10 second periods where I can feel it being diverted to the battery). Can anyone else confirm this behavior with the new mcu update (I’m still waiting for it)?

but the part that was unexpected was the fact that after after supercharging to just 65% the vents didn't start venting cold air for 15 minutes into the drive. And my AC was just serviced.
Happened to me about this time last year. Note I rarely SC anymore as most of my trips are less than 200 miles but I did so on a hot August day. Had the exact same experience. My delay may have only been 10 minutes or a little less, but it was still alarming.