Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 Probably Saved Our Hide The Other Day

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
M

millergraphics

While driving to Milwaukee from Madison on Father's Day, I had Navigate on AutoPilot engaged. The car had moved into the right lane because the left lane was running slower (go figure). We were passing the cars on the left when one decided they were going to move into the right lane. They were right next to us and AP suddenly swerved towards the warning track. I had my hands on the wheel and immediately took control, but my Tesla saw the car coming way before I would have and I am pretty sure we would have been sideswiped. Pretty darn cool!

While driving to Milwaukee from Madison on Father's Day, I had Navigate on AutoPilot engaged. The car had moved into the right lane because the left lane was running slower (go figure). We were passing the cars on the left when one decided they were going to move into the right lane. They were right next to us and AP suddenly swerved towards the warning track. I had my hands on the wheel and immediately took control, but my Tesla saw the car coming way before I would have and I am pretty sure we would have been sideswiped. Pretty darn cool!

Happened to me 2 years ago with Ap2 headed to a Bulls game. Big black SUV didn't check their Blindspot and just dove into my lane at me and my car acted faster than I to pull away (but not into the other lane).

I was able to take over and get into the adjacent lane. Really amazing stuff.