Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

AP2 Video - another scary moment...

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
You guys act like autosteer has been fully implemented and should be working perfectly.
The OP never said AS should work perfectly nor that AS has been fully implemented. He experienced a situation in which he was surprised it failed and brought it to our attention.

Creating a strawmen to burn down does neither Tesla nor its customers any good. Please be respectful of what other posters experience and don't belittle these experiences by attributing unsaid positions.

Reactions: Swift
TACC on AP2 will slow down for curves but not AS. Local AP on HW2 just can't do it right and its not worth trusting.

That being said, I've taken it down a single winding road with elevation changes (as much as is possible in IL) and it has consistently gotten better. In fact, I'm wondering whether it is iteratively improving between firmware updates as it can handle the road at 25mph whereas it failed even at 18mph before. It does get close to the yellow lines and therefore it is unacceptable but before it would blow past them and head into oncoming traffic.

Yes, AP2 is only for freeways/highways with limited access. I use mine nearly the entire drive to work in the carpool lane during long sections that are 55 or less. It has worked great! Lanes are clearly marked, and it does just fine over the interchange bridges.

I know AP2 is not AP1, but it's all I know, so I am pretty happy so far!

I would never, ever use AP1 on a city street, ESPECIALLY on tight curves. And AP2 is worse.

It just does not work reliability on city streets, not to mention that it doesn't understand stop signs, stop lights, construction cones, debris, bicyclists, pedestrians, etc.

Stop putting yourself and others in danger,

It just does not work reliability on city streets, not to mention that it doesn't understand stop signs, stop lights, construction cones, debris, bicyclists, pedestrians, etc.
I wasn't on a city street. There were no stop signs, bicyclists, pedestrians, etc.

Stop putting yourself and others in danger,
Um, take that up with Tesla. Local Autosteer was a highlight of the last two or so software releases by them. Apparently they want us to use it and do their testing for them. I've only done so on limited use roads as you see in the video. It's been pretty scary at times.