Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Connection down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
The last time I used it was last night but it says it last updated 32 minutes ago (around 6:45AM CDT).
Hm... 32 minutes ago from 7:45 ET is about 20 minutes ago... if everything else on your phone is working, that is weird. Mine is working fine (Tesla and Remote S both). Gonna have to say it's a local issue, unfortunately (or the thread would be blowing up! :D).

Hm... 32 minutes ago from 7:45 ET is about 20 minutes ago... if everything else on your phone is working, that is weird. Mine is working fine (Tesla and Remote S both). Gonna have to say it's a local issue, unfortunately (or the thread would be blowing up! :D).

Its working now. The weird thing was that while the app was still down I got a banner notification on my iphone that charging was complete but when I checked the app I was still getting the connection error. Go figure.

Its working now. The weird thing was that while the app was still down I got a banner notification on my iphone that charging was complete but when I checked the app I was still getting the connection error. Go figure.
See back in the thread. I posted the theory that notifications come from Apple’s servers (if iOS) which is still the case as far as I know. So, there could be an issue with the Tesla servers and the charging side could still send a signal to the Apple side to communicate to the app. Seems strange that ‘it still works’ but that is how it could.

Tesla: we all know you're out there monitoring TMC...please give us confidence that you know what caused this outage and have taken corrective action to prevent it in the future. This is a big deal and your silence on the issue erodes trust
Tesla's number one issue, IMHO, is comms. I predict we won't hear a word on this. They didn't communicate throughout the outage with anything that was useful, except to say it was fixed when it repeatably wasn't, and then, now, four days later, no after-action report except to say (somewhere) it was actually maintenance. They could easily have fed Fred or other sites with something more complete. (No one is doing maintenance of a consumer facing website during daylight hours on the weekend when that is peak usage.)

Reactions: bmah
Tesla's number one issue, IMHO, is comms. I predict we won't hear a word on this. They didn't communicate throughout the outage with anything that was useful, except to say it was fixed when it repeatably wasn't, and then, now, four days later, no after-action report except to say (somewhere) it was actually maintenance. They could easily have fed Fred or other sites with something more complete. (No one is doing maintenance of a consumer facing website during daylight hours on the weekend when that is peak usage.)

In all fairness, @dankim did say that it was server maintenance that ran amok. Could have been a server change-out and a guy tripped on the wire and the whole thing fell out of the rack.... or a programmer that had a typo and blew up the entire thing and then they had to figure out what blew up.

Who knows... They have a strong track record of up-time, so I don't fault them on an outage like this. Now if it keeps happening, that's a totally different story.

Reactions: vandacca
In all fairness, @dankim did say that it was server maintenance that ran amok. Could have been a server change-out and a guy tripped on the wire and the whole thing fell out of the rack.... or a programmer that had a typo and blew up the entire thing and then they had to figure out what blew up.

Who knows... They have a strong track record of up-time, so I don't fault them on an outage like this. Now if it keeps happening, that's a totally different story.
Again, not credible. Anything like this should in AWS and not affected by 'maintenance' that shouldn't take everything down at once and on a primetime weekend. Sorry, that's BS. Been in IT too long to believe it. Don't want to be harsh, but this should not be 'subject to maintenance' for over 24 hours almost, and then no real explanation. Apps at this point are not a luxury.

My App has been down for a week and SC just says Tesla is working on it. It works when car is connected to my home network but never when it leaves the house. I doubt AT&T can have this long an outage?
It was never AT&T, unless there was something very localized for you. People in general didn't have car LTE outages. Does the car network work at all (streaming, etc.) or is it just the app that can't talk to the car? Tried rebooting it when away from the house? The SC response sounds like the usual 'get him off the phone because we have something that sounds good' we hear all too often, unfortunately.

This whole app/connectivity issue has been the one annoying “feature” of my new MX. Connecting via the app has been terrible over the past week. Streaming stops working. Maps stop updating. Correcting the problem requires a two wheeled reboot. I have the 2018.16 update, hoping it would fix my issues. I’ve even tried powering down the car. Sitting for a few minutes. Blah. Frustrating.

I have been following this thread and am suprised this is still an issue. Is this nationwide? I had experienced a connctivity issue several weeks ago when the app updated, but it was only for a part of day. The app connection has been rock solid for me since that one day.