TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker and becoming a Supporting Member. For more info: Support TMC

App Connection down?

Discussion in 'Model X' started by mbhforum, Mar 2, 2018.

Tags:
  1. mbhforum

mbhforum Active Member

I received 2018.6.1 last night and I noticed today my iOS mobile app is having a hard time communicating with the car. I am getting "Unknown Errors" often. Is this related to 2018.6.1? I know also many cloud environments are under DDos attacks. Anyone having issues today?

2. Patrick W

Patrick W Active Member

Seems to be working ok for me.

My S is on 6.1 and my iPhone app is V 3.3.1.

3. boaterva

boaterva Supporting Member

There was a new app update today (3.3.2), but no real features. I’d kill the app to be sure it’s not hung or a bad connection and restart it.

My app and car on 18.6.1 have no issues.

4. Kevin Bohacz

Kevin Bohacz Supporting Member

I am on 2018.2 on an almost brand new Tesla MS 100D using the updated iPhone app. I am experiencing the same problem with the app being unable to connect to the car. Both the iPhone and the car are on my home wifi network so there is zero chance of connectivity issues. IPhone app is 3.3.2 and I had problems with the earlier version of the app too.

5. sumitkgarg

sumitkgarg Member

Same here... Will reboot the car and see if that resolves the issue.

6. Kevin Bohacz

I just tried reinstalling the app on my iPhone... now it says login failed... To confirm I have the correct login, I logged into my Tesla account on the website with the same email and password. So I know I have the correct login credentials.

7. Bilen

Bilen Member

I could connect an hour ago with latest app and 6.1 update, but not right now. Maybe a more general issue.

8. Plug it in

Plug it in Member

I can't connect with the Tesla or Dashboard app (11:05 EDT). Both worked at 9:00am EDT

9. Skipdd

Skipdd Supporting Member

Having the same issue and it worked fine earlier this morning. The last time this happened, it was an issue on the provider side. Mobile app connects back to Tesla's servers, and from there to the car. Could be a cloud provider issue or could be Tesla server app issue. It is not localized to the user(s). Will be interesting to see what the root cause is.

10. kingjamez

kingjamez Member

Mine is down too.

11. blackscraper

blackscraper Member

#11 blackscraper, Mar 4, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 4, 2018
    Mine is down too, although I am on Android. Saying unknown error or vechile connection error

12. d21mike

d21mike Active Member

Mine is down too.

I got an email notice from TeslaFI that my car has been offline for 10 minutes at 7:28am PST which is why I tried to login on my iPhone. First attempt wanted me to enter my password but would not connect. I also got the Connection error.

TeslaFI is still showing my car as OFFLINE.

I am on still 2018.2. I also tried a power off of my car and waited 2 minutes before power on and still same problem.

I also ran openspeedtest.com on my car browser and got 4.6 down and 1.5 up. This is normal even though I have 150/150 speed and my iPhone has not problem with WiFi Speed setting in my car.

13. Matias

Matias Active Member

I think that there is a problem in the motership. Several users in the Tesla Finland FB group are reporting connection error.

• Informative x 1
  14. Pentium2004

Pentium2004 Former Vendor

Having the same issue. Started right after app update.

15. kingjamez

kingjamez Member

It very much appears to be Tesla’s cloud servers are down since the car has APN connectivity which means it’s not AT&T. Clearly, it’s not all of our internet connections. This really just leads to one point of failure.

Tesla’s (AWS??) cloud servers got hacked by BitCoin miners a few weeks back, perhaps something similar has happened again.
    -Jim

• Informative x 1
  16. d21mike

d21mike Active Member

Mine is working again on iOS and on TeslaFI.

17. Tdreamer

Tdreamer Supporting Member

Connectivity for me restored. TeslaFi logs show connectivity failures from 10:01 - 11:42am EST

18. Kevin Bohacz

Mine is working again too.... Still a little slower than typical but working...

19. Xtek

Xtek Member

Their API which powers the app is throwing TCP connection errors sporadically. It started on 2/28.

20. Xtek

Xtek Member

Definitely something funky going on with their API.

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 11.19.20 AM.png