Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Connection down?

mbhforum

Apr 4, 2016
Long Island, NY
I received 2018.6.1 last night and I noticed today my iOS mobile app is having a hard time communicating with the car. I am getting "Unknown Errors" often. Is this related to 2018.6.1? I know also many cloud environments are under DDos attacks. Anyone having issues today?

boaterva

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Apr 2, 2016
Northern Virginia, USA
There was a new app update today (3.3.2), but no real features. I’d kill the app to be sure it’s not hung or a bad connection and restart it.

My app and car on 18.6.1 have no issues.

Kevin Bohacz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
I am on 2018.2 on an almost brand new Tesla MS 100D using the updated iPhone app. I am experiencing the same problem with the app being unable to connect to the car. Both the iPhone and the car are on my home wifi network so there is zero chance of connectivity issues. IPhone app is 3.3.2 and I had problems with the earlier version of the app too.

Kevin Bohacz

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Aug 8, 2017
Jacksonville, Florida
I just tried reinstalling the app on my iPhone... now it says login failed... To confirm I have the correct login, I logged into my Tesla account on the website with the same email and password. So I know I have the correct login credentials.

Skipdd

Supporting Member
Supporting Member
Dec 30, 2015
Silver Spring, MD
Having the same issue and it worked fine earlier this morning. The last time this happened, it was an issue on the provider side. Mobile app connects back to Tesla's servers, and from there to the car. Could be a cloud provider issue or could be Tesla server app issue. It is not localized to the user(s). Will be interesting to see what the root cause is.

d21mike

Aug 28, 2017
Torrance, CA 90503
Mine is down too.

I got an email notice from TeslaFI that my car has been offline for 10 minutes at 7:28am PST which is why I tried to login on my iPhone. First attempt wanted me to enter my password but would not connect. I also got the Connection error.

TeslaFI is still showing my car as OFFLINE.

I am on still 2018.2. I also tried a power off of my car and waited 2 minutes before power on and still same problem.

I also ran openspeedtest.com on my car browser and got 4.6 down and 1.5 up. This is normal even though I have 150/150 speed and my iPhone has not problem with WiFi Speed setting in my car.

Pentium2004

Former Vendor
Nov 6, 2017
Lakeland, FL
I received 2018.6.1 last night and I noticed today my iOS mobile app is having a hard time communicating with the car. I am getting "Unknown Errors" often. Is this related to 2018.6.1? I know also many cloud environments are under DDos attacks. Anyone having issues today?

Having the same issue. Started right after app update.

kingjamez

Apr 4, 2017
Fairfax, VA
It very much appears to be Tesla’s cloud servers are down since the car has APN connectivity which means it’s not AT&T. Clearly, it’s not all of our internet connections. This really just leads to one point of failure.

Tesla’s (AWS??) cloud servers got hacked by BitCoin miners a few weeks back, perhaps something similar has happened again.
-Jim

• Informative
Reactions: Skipdd

Xtek

Sep 13, 2017
Seattle, WA
Definitely something funky going on with their API.

Screen Shot 2018-03-04 at 11.19.20 AM.png

Products we're discussing on TMC...

About Us

Formed in 2006, Tesla Motors Club (TMC) was the first independent online Tesla community. Today it remains the largest and most dynamic community of Tesla enthusiasts. Learn more.

Do you value your experience at TMC? Consider becoming a Supporting Member of Tesla Motors Club. As a thank you for your contribution, you'll get nearly no ads in the Community and Groups sections. Additional perks are available depending on the level of contribution. Please visit the Account Upgrades page for more details.

SUPPORT TMC