Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App Connection down?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Online but something going on with the summons, the interface is different meaning there is no “stop” button and you have to hold reverse or forward - would have been helpful to know this change to software - definitely need to work communications

If Tesla were smart they'd have built a method for forcing the "require continuous press" mode, and considering how flaky their system has been in the last 26 hours, it would be smart for them to enable that method in case someone tried to stop summon when their system decided to drop-out. With continuous press, summon *should* fail-safe, if it is designed properly.

Of course, I've never gotten summon to work at all from the app. I always get "Connecting to your vehicle" followed by "Disconnected from vehicle" so I don't even know what the interface is supposed to look like there. It works fine if I disable the continuous mode and start it using the parking gear.

Yes. Anytime you are logged out of the app, the Model 3 will not open or start.

If you are logged into the app, even if the server is down or you have no cell or wifi, the Model 3 opens/starts fine.
Wow. I (obviously) had no idea. That is a really questionable design choice. There are other -- obvious, safer! -- ways to make sure sale of the car doesn't leave it openable by the prior owner's phone, if that's what they were aiming for.

Or maybe they hit their foot because they weren't aiming. Sigh.

Strange some are still having problems while others not. We are in the later group. Had the connection issue yesterday most of the day but checked in late last night and was able to log on to the app. Been working fine this morning for us. BTW we are on 2018.10.4, Model S. For those still "out" curious what version you are on.

Seems to be back ‘permanently’ now and I don’t believe what Dankim says except he’s been told to say it. There is no way they would take things down in the middle of Sunday to ‘perform maintenance’ with no message in the app or other comms.

I still don’t believe we know any of what actually happened, either. Hopefully we get more details someday.

Reactions: GMan324