Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App connection issues anyone?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I noticed for the past two days I’ve been having trouble connecting to the app on my phone as well as my wife’s phone. Cellular and Wi-Fi is not a problem. It’s stuck on updating or gives me a network time out after it gives up.The only way that I can get it to work is reboot my phone but then it only works once. I tried reinstalling the app and logging on and off. Luckily I’m still able to unlock the doors and drive a car. I just updated to the latest software today and still no good.

@moswissa, I recommend you take a look at this post here. Then scroll down to Signs of Failure section. Look for any other signals that your car is experiencing these.. If so, you have your answer.

What year, model and the mileage of your car?

Thanks but I don’t think that thread is applicable to me. I’m having trouble with my app connecting to the car. It’s a 2020 model Y with 4,000 on the ODO. Still under warranty.

Thanks but I don’t think that thread is applicable to me. I’m having trouble with my app connecting to the car. It’s a 2020 model Y with 4,000 on the ODO. Still under warranty.
You are absolutely correct. :) My mistake. But were we supposed to guess from your post that you have a Y? You short-sheeted us and didn't provide sufficient details when you started this thread with your issue. It matters little now when you say you posted it under the Y section. There's half a dozen ways to pull up all new threads and posts. That's what most of us do. We don't go mining for post to reply in sections or models we don't have or are unfamiliar with. Those folks get the help they are looking for when they help themselves by providing all the information that they can - reference their issue, their car, and the situation. :) O key-dokey?

@moswissa I knew right away that you must be referring to a MY. After all, this thread was started in the Model Y forum. Behold my awesome power of deduction, haha!!

I’ve been having the same issues lately. Network timeouts, etc. Wi-Fi, LTE, 5G, doesn’t seem to matter. I will say that the problem is less frequent when we and our MY are home on Wi-Fi.

Al said, I don't think so, Tim. There's half a dozen ways to pull up all new threads and posts. That's what most of us do. We don't go mining for post to reply in sections or models we don't have or are unfamiliar with. Please excuse my casual reckless thoughtlessness :confused:for not double checking the details above the title once I brought it up on my screen. Technically, its the Model Y section.:)

You are absolutely correct. :) My mistake. But were we supposed to guess from your post that you have a Y? You short-sheeted us and didn't provide sufficient details when you started this thread with your issue. It matters little now when you say you posted it under the Y section. There's half a dozen ways to pull up all new threads and posts. That's what most of us do. We don't go mining for post to reply in sections or models we don't have or are unfamiliar with. Those folks get the help they are looking for when they help themselves by providing all the information that they can - reference their issue, their car, and the situation. :) O key-dokey?

no worries at all

People. Do yourselves a favor.
Look around your house, ask a friend for their old one, or pickup a new/used burner cell phone.
If you use iOS, get an Android. If you use Android, get another or an old iPhone, (newer than a 4S). You don't need cell service.
Get a cheap car charger for the spare/burner phone. Put it in the car.
Connect to WiFi, and download a couple of Tesla app to it. Tesla app and maybe Remote for Tesla. Test it.
Setup your regular phone as a hotspot and connect the spare/burner to it once and turn hotspot off. Have it so you know it works.
Pair the spare/burner to your car BT then turn BT off on the spare/burner.
Get a Google Voice account and Google Voice number. Download Google Voice to the spare/burner. Connect to WiFi and make a call to your phone and wife/S.O. so you know you can. WiFi is every where.
Google Voice number cost ZERO monthly. Does not even need to be your regular Gmail account.
(Next time there's a train or bank robbery, you can give them the spare/burner, so you don't lose your good phone.) ;)
Keep the spare/burner in the car or your garage as a backup.
It might make the difference someday to have a spare. But is very handy to test the Tesla app connection to your car easy effort.
Its worth the effort and should cost you less than $20-$30 if you get cheap or used.

Bumping this thread.

I upgraded to iOS 14 last night and now I receive a network error when attempting to access the app. Fortunately, my car is in the shop for PPF and tint so not a big deal at this time, but I can’t help but wonder if this error is tied to the iOS update?

Confirmed. I am getting a Network Timeout on the app.

My Model Y is currently at a detail shop getting some paint protection and XPEL full front clear bra.

Anyone else having this problem?

Attachments

• netwrk_timeout1.png
    netwrk_timeout1.png
    358 KB · Views: 135
Tesla login/authentication seems to be down. The mobile app won't connect to either my Powerwall or our Model Y, and when I try to login to my account on Tesla.com via a browser it just times out.

Last edited: