Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

App shows "Temporary maintenance: Please try again later"

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Stranded. “Temporary Maintenance” says the app. Picking up carry out dinner. Chose to use my phone instead of going back in the house to get my keys. Got to restaurant but now can’t get home. Argh. 20 minutes so far so hubby is bringing my keys to me.

Stranded. “Temporary Maintenance” says the app. Picking up carry out dinner. Chose to use my phone instead of going back in the house to get my keys. Got to restaurant but now can’t get home. Argh. 20 minutes so far so hubby is bringing my keys to me.

App not working for me either. I’m on a road trip and am eating while supercharging (Coeur d’Alene). I can’t see how far along the charging is... glad I have my key at least!

My app is not working either due to some maintenance. However, the phone still works as a key. No problem opening the car.

Only remote connectivity (that uses cellular communication) is affected. The key functionality uses Bluetooth and is not affected by the outage.

Did you have to do anything special? Mine is still spinning and not updating current status with car.
Yes, launching the app by itself won't resolve the issue. Auth token obviously expired and refresh token was failing as well. I fixed it by launching the app, and then in the menu switched between the two Tesla in the account, this appears to force the auth token to refresh and it began working again. In a single car account, simply log out and log back in should also resolve the expired token issue.

Yes, launching the app by itself won't resolve the issue. Auth token obviously expired and refresh token was failing as well. I fixed it by launching the app, and then in the menu switched between the two Tesla in the account, this appears to force the auth token to refresh and it began working again. In a single car account, simply log out and log back in should also resolve the expired token issue.

You don't need to do anything special to make it work (at least on iOS). Just re-opening the app now and everything is working now for me, whereas it hadn't been for around 7 or 8 hours. No need to log out, or do anything special.

What would have happened if you needed to get in your car and your App was logged out for some reason during the outage? Would you have been able to get in your car?
Good question. I don't think you'll be able to get the key to connect because you won't be able to get into the app, since authentication is performed on the server, which is having issues. DON'T LOGOUT is my recommendation