TMC is an independent, primarily volunteer organization that relies on ad revenue to cover its operating costs. Please consider whitelisting TMC on your ad blocker or making a Paypal contribution here: paypal.me/SupportTMC

Apple CarPlay vs Android Auto: what's missing?

Discussion in 'Model S: User Interface' started by Argelius, Jul 2, 2014.

1. Argelius

Argelius Member

I'm not besmirching my beloved Tesla, but it's starting to feel like the incredible potential of that massive touchscreen is being ignored. No iPod integration. No shuffle. Wonky album artwork. No Waze. No third-party apps or new Tesla apps. I'm not saying that Tesla has to adopt Apple's CarPlay or Android Auto, but nearly every other car maker has.... qqqqq.jpg

2. Morristhecat

Morristhecat Member

I agree, it is a little sad to not see a nice big red T on either of those list. A while back I emailed [email protected] and the reply I got was this:

"Thank you for contacting Tesla Motors Support in regards to your request to add Apple Carplay. I have added a Feature Request on your behalf to implement Apply CarPlay. The more request we get for an item makes it visible for the appropriate teams. We greatly appreciate your feedback and please feel free to reach out to us anytime via email or 1-877-79-TESLA."

So, if you want it, the more voices they hear will help.

3. liuping

liuping Active Member

+1

I sent an email when Carplay first come out.

If you want Carplay or Andrioid Auto (or both), PLEASE let Tesla Know.

4. selsrog

selsrog Member

+1
    also sent an email for iPod and CarPlay support

5. SteveW25561

SteveW25561 Member

#5 SteveW25561, Jul 3, 2014
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2014
    I've emailed ownership before but just tweeted this as well:
    Twitter / SteveW25561: @elonmusk @TeslaMotors Its ...

Tweet:
    @elonmusk @TeslaMotors It's a shame Model S is not among the cars that support #CarPlay or #AndroidAuto. Don't squander the touchscreen!

-----

If you use twitter retweet or tweet something similar. I'm hoping more public request for this will help.