Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Apple Watch Apps

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I am (hopefully!) taking delivery of my Model 3 AWD this Saturday (yay!) and have been surprised that the Tesla App for the iPhone does not have Apple Watch compatibility. I have a tethered Apple Watch (most recent version, just didn't want another cell line for a watch), but would enjoy the convenience of being able to control vehicle functions with my watch. Other bells and whistles (stats, battery life information, etc. on the watch with more detail on the iPhone) would be great too. Can anyone recommend an app that they have had a positive experience with? Are App Store apps sufficiently secure that you can put your information into them?

Thanks in advance for any thoughts or replies.

In the App Store I think it's called "Remote S" or very similar...ten bucks but worth it.

Although my car is an S, I do have this app and it functions well as long as you have a decent signal. So technically you can indeed go out and drive around and do just about Everything with your car while your phone/fob is still at home.

Have not done it with a 3 though, so YMMV.

Great info. Thanks! Should I be concerned if any of these apps wants my Tesla account information? Is that a security risk?

They all will want your tesla login because they all operate on a "token" for your account. Its up to you to decide if issuing a token for these apps is worth it to you. Depends on how much you trust the particular app creator.

They all will want your tesla login because they all operate on a "token" for your account. Its up to you to decide if issuing a token for these apps is worth it to you. Depends on how much you trust the particular app creator.
Great point. OP should also look at total volume sold, date app originated and user reviews before buying. I do know that Remote S has been around longer than most and the app author is responsively accessible on another forum, adding whatever suggested updates by users they deem appropriate.

Great point. OP should also look at total volume sold, date app originated and user reviews before buying. I do know that Remote S has been around longer than most and the app author is responsively accessible on another forum, adding whatever suggested updates by users they deem appropriate.

The creator of the stats app is also very active (and responsive) here at TMC.

I've been using the Stats app with Apple Watch
Not sure what happened, but instead of the complication showing battery percentage, it now shows the expected range.
How do I change it back to battery percentage?
Thanks!