Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are all new inventory Y with HW4?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
I thought all MY's have been HW4 for quite some time now... at least since May. If you're really concerned, you can ask the SA about a specific VIN.

They're giving deep discounts to drive up end-of-the-year numbers. Dealerships do the same thing, its just less visible because they do it through rebates and stuff like that. Plus if they get a customer willing to pay more, they'll gladly take their money. Tesla has to be more upfront due to their business model and standardized pricing. They're really looking to clear out Model 3's to make room for the refresh. I imagine you'll see even deeper discounts on MY's when that refresh is nearer as well.

Is it safe to assume all new inventory Ys have HW4?
It’s been safe to assume that for over 6 months.
I wonder why some are $2500 off, and others are only $500, so I am wondering if it has to do with hardware version.
Inventory discounts are to drive sales. They keep certain configs in certain regions at certain discounts, but only a few of them. When someone buys that model with $2500 off, one of the same configs with $500 off will be discounted more to take its place.

These are almost all 100% brand new cars (the ones that aren’t will say so). There is zero configuration or condition difference vs. any other “custom order” or anything else rolling off the assembly line.