Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
ordered SR+ red with black int, FSD, May 1st, picked up today in Oakville, car is like driving a space ship. auto cruise and auto steer
is unbelievable, delivery went well, delivery girl explained everything, and let us take our time.
We are driving the future now!
So pleased I got it finally, after 3 yrs, got the little m3 in center console, and 14-50 connecter too.
Now time to RTFM to learn all the tricks this car can do.

Hey, anyone from BC pick up a black/black SR+ since the federal rebate?

When I looked at the online pricing a week or so ago , it looked as though the $100 A/C fee wasn't added to the purchase price for the purpose of calculating BC PST. That looks to have been a mistake, as the pricing has now been updated accordingly. That means the entire purchase price is now pushed into the extra 1% luxury tax in BC. Not a big deal in terms of absolute $s, but it goes to show one of the downsides to not being able to work with a dealer who can wheel and deal, since the extra $80 that it goes over (car price of $54,980 + $100 A/C fee) means buyers have to pay an extra $550 to the government...for an $80 overage. If a dealer were involved, he probably would have been willing to drop his price by $80 to save me $550 and make the sale.

Anyway, my first taste as to how I'll be wholly dependent on what the Tesla Mothership decides (vs. my local dealer), but was curious whether reason would prevail and BC buyers would get an $80 break on the price once the final paperwork is processed.

F1FDF17A-71A4-41B4-9A2F-516BDEC87F2D.jpeg
Hey, anyone from BC pick up a black/black SR+ since the federal rebate?

When I looked at the online pricing a week or so ago , it looked as though the $100 A/C fee wasn't added to the purchase price for the purpose of calculating BC PST. That looks to have been a mistake, as the pricing has now been updated accordingly. That means the entire purchase price is now pushed into the extra 1% luxury tax in BC. Not a big deal in terms of absolute $s, but it goes to show one of the downsides to not being able to work with a dealer who can wheel and deal, since the extra $80 that it goes over (car price of $54,980 + $100 A/C fee) means buyers have to pay an extra $550 to the government...for an $80 overage. If a dealer were involved, he probably would have been willing to drop his price by $80 to save me $550 and make the sale.

Anyway, my first taste as to how I'll be wholly dependent on what the Tesla Mothership decides (vs. my local dealer), but was curious whether reason would prevail and BC buyers would get an $80 break on the price once the final paperwork is processed.

Yes. Ordered April 29, delivery May 15.
black/black SR+, AP included. No add-ons.

From ride365
I just picked up my black/black SR+ In Vancouver and paid 12% tax despite being over $55k. They include the fed A/C tax in the taxable subtotal as it’s a taxable fee. Breakdown for SR+ with no add on’s is $55,080 + tax (12%) + financing fee (varies and charged by the bank - Scotia charges $64.10 ). Then you subtract rebates and deposit. Total out the door for me was $48553.70

Interesting, thanks. I guess I'll have to wait and see. Fingers crossed.

Totally expected, but the banner on the CEV for BC website looks like the NDP/Greens did a ~$9.7M reload. It was showing ~$600 this AM. Just in case anyone delayed picking up their cars over the past couple of days.

upload_2019-5-16_22-29-9.png

Sorry for the SPAM, but couldn't figure out how to edit my post. Interestingly, it was $10M, with $300k already gone (not sure how accurate the banner is)...maybe a catch-up for orders placed in the last couple of days? Anyway, it looks like there was $42M allocated, with I'm assuming an earlier $10M (from the reserved funds in the banner) and this $10M, so there should be more available for another round (unless this is round 4?). Regardless, I would be shocked if the funds dried up before the provincial election and weren't replaced.

Here's hoping Elon is pushing as many cars out to BC right now in time to book revenue for Q2. Apparently, Tesla sold 1200 cars in the first 15 days of May!

upload_2019-5-16_22-35-38.png

For us BC folks, looks like $1M of the $10M in credits are already gone. There are $32M earmarked in the budget, so maybe a little over a month of credits left?

With 2-3 weeks being the guesstimate for GTA, any idea in BC (Black/Black SR+). If they've sold 1,200 cars in the first 15 days, how many can the single Powell Street delivery address handle a day? Any idea? Could they possibly run through a hundred/day?

For us BC folks, looks like $1M of the $10M in credits are already gone. There are $32M earmarked in the budget, so maybe a little over a month of credits left?

With 2-3 weeks being the guesstimate for GTA, any idea in BC (Black/Black SR+). If they've sold 1,200 cars in the first 15 days, how many can the single Powell Street delivery address handle a day? Any idea? Could they possibly run through a hundred/day?

I think that the $1M that went so fast was some pent-up demand from when the fund was down for a day, and we’re tracking closer to half that rate on average. I’d guess at 14-18 days for the rest of the $10M, then if they continue to put in $10M at a time, there are three more inputs, for a total of 6-8 more weeks. So (and I could be wrong if demand spikes because people see the fund running down), I’d estimate two months more remaining.

The federal incentive is $100M, so it should last longer, but it’s worth keeping in mind that if BC is selling something like 3000 evs a month and Quebec is probably similar with its double rebate, plus the rest of Canada at a lower rate, then it could also run out in 2 months. Supply constraints, especially for non-Tesla cars, will continue to be an issue, though and some of those reservations may expire.

Someone said earlier that Powell Street was handling up to 40 cars a day, so they’re going to be lagging order volume significantly. However, end of Q2 is coming, and we’ve seen Tesla pull out all the stops to get deliveries out there before quarter end. I imagine this quarter will be similar, especially since there has been a surge of Canadian orders and they’re easier to deliver than the International orders (plus they count as delivered much faster). I anticipate a big delivery push in June. Perhaps Powell can handle more or they’ll have a secondary location?

For those of us who’ve ordered already (May 3 black/black SR+ for me), I think we should be okay. Anyone ordering in June or later, however, is going to be taking a chance on the rebates and may be disappointed.

Reactions: 9-Volt and Kmartyn
Thanks Werdna!

I just linked to a couple of the other threads you've posted in--I didn't know they existed!

Not sure if I'm cross-posting this in the wrong thread (since this one is Canada wide, I'm assuming, so I'll switch to the others, but thought I'd close the loop here for any BC folks), but any intel on whether the statement in the YVR thread that the Robson store was saying an SR+ Black/Black was a late June or early July delivery is true?

I test drove on the 16th at the Robson store and ordered online later that day, but I didn't receive an email from the service advisor like he said I would. Maybe I'll check in person this AM with Robson to see if they know anything (but not sure if they'll know any more than the folks on this site?).

It seems from responses in this thread and the GTA thread that SR+ Black/ Black seems to be about a 2 to 3 week wait sigh now. Anyone have recent experience buying the Black SR+ with White interior?
I order my black ext white interior mid March , and I’m still waiting 2 months in Toronto . Apparently white interior takes time / hasn’t shipped yet. How long have you been waiting ?

Interesting, this is what it used to show...well, at least misery loves company because you're is a duplicate of mine.

View attachment 408748

Allow me to show you guys what's the real misery: $53741+4200 = $57941, this is what I paid for the SR+ Black/Black with Autopilot 2 months ago in BC. I know that there are quite a few people paid something like this in Vancouver as well.

Purchase Agreement.JPG

I haven’t ordered yet. Would prefer the white interior but not enough to wait for 2+ months.
I have been waiting for a white interior since March 2nd. There are threads on this forum just dealing with the long waits for white. Even worse in Canada. It is worth it IMO.

With the new EV rebate now it effect here, there will probably be a tight supply of all configurations after June. I can see some Canadians ordering now not getting a vehicle until September.

Last edited: