Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Montreal Delivery went well. The delivery agent was very friendly and personable. He took his time to explain the most important details and noted down in writing and pictures the paint blemished/bubbles I observed. 3 areas with either 1 or two tiny pimples. I'll hear from the Tesla approved body shop 1-2 weeks to arrange an appointment with a loaner. I saw no other trim issues outside or in. The NEMA 14-50 included with my mobile charger was nice. I arrived 10 minutes late due to traffic and was there 75 minutes. Contract was perfect. Trade in easy. I was never kept waiting or felt rushed. Very good delivery experience. Just before driving off DA took a few pictures of me with my new M3 and with the huge Tesla logo seen in the showroom behind. Well rehearsed scene for all new owners before they leave with a smile.

Maybe in a few years Tesla will have had enough experience to get the paint perfect. Knowing that my M3 would have such minute little paint issues would not stop me from ordering. It will all be assuredly fixed.

Compared to my 2017 Volt. I do hear the tire and road noise more but the road handling, steering precision, power, tech, interior quality, all electric are an easy bargain for a few more decibels. 2 full seconds faster to 100 km/h is great.

I am still waiting for the AP to calibrate. So no cruise control or AP or Navigate on AP until it's done. Very happy to be rid of that Volt.

Oh and I got there late afternoon and there were about 6-8 M3 yet to be still delivered today I was told. Selling like hot pancakes in QC.

Good luck to all! I am off to country roads tomorrow when the sun returns :)

• Love
Reactions: duanra and ATC@LWSK
Hey Mikey when is your home delivery?

As for the Montreal SC. I think it was fine for S & X volumes but way too small to accommodate 3 and near future Y volumes.
It's also in a limited parking area and a traffic jam area. The showroom is very limited for space. Only 1 Model 3 means you are going to wait a while to sit in it. Should be two Model 3's showing. SR+ and Performance or AWD.

I'm hoping with the federal rebate uping sales that they open a store In Vaudreuil or West Island. Where there is easy access to location and lots of parking. You know the old Sears two story space at Fairview Pointe-Claire would be perfect. There is even existing garage door.
The Tesla Store Sign would be visible to millions of cars on Highway 40. The Tesla SC on Ferrier St. is hidden to traffic on Decarie.
Still waiting for the date..delayed a bit as I changed colour!

Vaudreuil or West Island would make sense. I also heard rumours that the Ottawa location will be in Gatineau (!) which would ease the pressure a little. Pointe Claire would make sense given the super charger there.

• Informative
Reactions: Threader
Montreal Delivery went well. The delivery agent was very friendly and personable. He took his time to explain the most important details and noted down in writing and pictures the paint blemished/bubbles I observed. 3 areas with either 1 or two tiny pimples. I'll hear from the Tesla approved body shop 1-2 weeks to arrange an appointment with a loaner. I saw no other trim issues outside or in. The NEMA 14-50 included with my mobile charger was nice. I arrived 10 minutes late due to traffic and was there 75 minutes. Contract was perfect. Trade in easy. I was never kept waiting or felt rushed. Very good delivery experience. Just before driving off DA took a few pictures of me with my new M3 and with the huge Tesla logo seen in the showroom behind. Well rehearsed scene for all new owners before they leave with a smile.

Maybe in a few years Tesla will have had enough experience to get the paint perfect. Knowing that my M3 would have such minute little paint issues would not stop me from ordering. It will all be assuredly fixed.

Compared to my 2017 Volt. I do hear the tire and road noise more but the road handling, steering precision, power, tech, interior quality, all electric are an easy bargain for a few more decibels. 2 full seconds faster to 100 km/h is great.

I am still waiting for the AP to calibrate. So no cruise control or AP or Navigate on AP until it's done. Very happy to be rid of that Volt.

Oh and I got there late afternoon and there were about 6-8 M3 yet to be still delivered today I was told. Selling like hot pancakes in QC.

Good luck to all! I am off to country roads tomorrow when the sun returns :)
Awesome!! Congrats. Great news to hear the process was so smooth. Were the paint issues really noticeable or do you have a good eye? Looking forward to hearing more about AP and driving!!!

Reactions: Threader
Awesome!! Congrats. Great news to hear the process was so smooth. Were the paint issues really noticeable or do you have a good eye? Looking forward to hearing more about AP and driving!!!
You can feel them with the tips of your fingers eyes closed. Then open your eyes and you see the tiny buggers. No big deal. You don't want to ignore these as the integrity of the paint and clear coat is compromised. If they are on the steel parts well you know what comes next.

Picked up SR+ Blue on Black ( Ordered May 1st ) at Tesla Oakville and they have included the NEMA 14-50, Frunk Mat, Toy Tesla as well !!! Best DA Experience as they spent 2hours with me to go over everything !!!
Happy to hear another great deliver experience! gratz. BTW you got lucky with free frunk carpet mat :p. The toy was a 2016 pre-order gift?

I've been trying the last 36 hours to submit the Quebec EV Rebate request online with the forms that Tesla provided. I have had my account set up since I ordered the M3 in April. Now when it comes time to submit the site is down. Would really suck if for whatever reason the rebates are gone. $8000 buys a lot of electricity :confused:

I've been trying the last 36 hours to submit the Quebec EV Rebate request online with the forms that Tesla provided. I have had my account set up since I ordered the M3 in April. Now when it comes time to submit the site is down. Would really suck if for whatever reason the rebates are gone. $8000 buys a lot of electricity :confused:

Don’t worry there is a message on the website saying they have issues with their website to claim the rebate. I’m in the same boat as you. Waiting for it to be fixed

Ordered mine on May 10th in Montreal. I was told since the federal rebate it has been crazy, wait times can be 2 to 4 months.
Another person said it could be anywhere between 1 to 8 weeks.

I will post my delivery date when I get it. Im so excited all I do is read and watch youtube videos all day :O

Ordered mine on May 10th in Montreal. I was told since the federal rebate it has been crazy, wait times can be 2 to 4 months.
Another person said it could be anywhere between 1 to 8 weeks.

I will post my delivery date when I get it. Im so excited all I do is read and watch youtube videos all day :O
Oof I ordered one day before you and I'm still waiting for a vin. I'm also in Montreal.