Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Ordered mine on May 10th in Montreal. I was told since the federal rebate it has been crazy, wait times can be 2 to 4 months.
Another person said it could be anywhere between 1 to 8 weeks.

I will post my delivery date when I get it. Im so excited all I do is read and watch youtube videos all day :O

Need to start shopping for accessories too! Don't spend all your QC rebate ;)

Ordered mine on May 10th in Montreal. I was told since the federal rebate it has been crazy, wait times can be 2 to 4 months.
Another person said it could be anywhere between 1 to 8 weeks.

I will post my delivery date when I get it. Im so excited all I do is read and watch youtube videos all day :O

What did you order? I'm trying to time my order so that I don't have a huge overlap (or gap) when the lease on my current car ends on July 15. I know it will depend on what I select and when I order, but I haven't seen any indication that it's 2 to 4 months (otherwise I'm already late!)

What did you order? I'm trying to time my order so that I don't have a huge overlap (or gap) when the lease on my current car ends on July 15. I know it will depend on what I select and when I order, but I haven't seen any indication that it's 2 to 4 months (otherwise I'm already late!)
Suggest you take into account Tesla’s current quarterly production and accounting cycle. They want to deliver everything they can in June, so it counts as as a sale, for their quarterly reporting. Right now they are producing SR+ like crazy for the North American market, and this wave is just starting to arrive. An order now is likely to be delivered by the end of June, particularly if the interior is black. In July they will likely go back to producing for Europe, if they follow past patterns. There will be some inventory, but you may need to be flexible on color. September will bring a good supply to North America again. Elon has said they are trying to unwind these waves, but so far no sign of that. It’s one plant supplying the whole world to different regional requirements, so they build in batches not FIFO.

It will be interesting to see at the end of this quarter how much production is going to Canada. BC is about 600 orders a week, I would imagine Quebec is the same, maybe 300 combined for the rest of the country, that’s like 1500 per week...or about 25 per cent of production. Probably a rush because of the federal incentive but still. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

Reactions: Kmartyn
Suggest you take into account Tesla’s current quarterly production and accounting cycle. They want to deliver everything they can in June, so it counts as as a sale, for their quarterly reporting. Right now they are producing SR+ like crazy for the North American market, and this wave is just starting to arrive. An order now is likely to be delivered by the end of June, particularly if the interior is black. In July they will likely go back to producing for Europe, if they follow past patterns. There will be some inventory, but you may need to be flexible on color. September will bring a good supply to North America again. Elon has said they are trying to unwind these waves, but so far no sign of that. It’s one plant supplying the whole world to different regional requirements, so they build in batches not FIFO.

Thanks - I hadn't considered this. Along with the current referral bonus of 7500km of charging ending May 28, I think I better order soon if I don't want to risk going without a car for the better part of the summer!

It will be interesting to see at the end of this quarter how much production is going to Canada. BC is about 600 orders a week, I would imagine Quebec is the same, maybe 300 combined for the rest of the country, that’s like 1500 per week...or about 25 per cent of production. Probably a rush because of the federal incentive but still. Guess we’ll have to wait and see.

I agree this will be very interesting. Tesla has not yet gotten good at predicting the mix and demand by region. How many more units did they allocate to Canada with the new incentive? Will battery constraints still limit over all production? I am concerned their plans were made before the incentive, and that they will fall well short of demand in Canada.

A post in another thread said the BC incentive ran out of funds today. Ontario has a large population, with a good distribution of Superchargers in my areas of travel, and the expectation that the federal incentive will end with the fall election runs high. Ontario demand may be surprisingly high.

I ordered mine on April 15 in Montreal, Black/Black M3 and we are still waiting for the VIN number or delivery date!
That is strange because I ordered SR+ Blue + FSD everything else standard issue on April 14th. Got it since 14th May. exactly 30 days.

maybe fat margin of 10% because I ponyed up $6600 for FSD?

You should of had yours by now. Good luck. The car is incredible! Navigate on AP is the balls !

I ordered mine on April 15 in Montreal, Black/Black M3 and we are still waiting for the VIN number or delivery date!
That is strange because I ordered SR+ Blue + FSD everything else standard issue on April 14th. Got it since 14th May. exactly 30 days.

You should of had yours by now. Good luck. The car is incredible! Navigate on AP is the balls

March 15th order date...still waiting. I am getting very impatient as our family is now left with one car. I guess I should've estimated a 3-4 month wait rather than a 1 month wait.

I have sent out 2 e-mails to my DA and no response. Does anyone have the 1800 number? I can't seem to find it.

SR+ black ext/white int

You should of had yours by now. Good luck. The car is incredible! Navigate on AP is the balls

Congrats! That's good news. Maybe mine it's next...
I called and send emails, but they always say to wait our turn..the car will arrive.

March 15th order date...still waiting. I am getting very impatient as our family is now left with one car. I guess I should've estimated a 3-4 month wait rather than a 1 month wait.

I have sent out 2 e-mails to my DA and no response. Does anyone have the 1800 number? I can't seem to find it.

SR+ black ext/white int

I am still convinced it is the white interior causing delays. Ordered SR+ blue exterior, White interior, March 2nd. All they will say is I should have it by the end of June. Sold my car too, and sharing the wife’s has not been convenient.

Fortunately SR+, including some white interiors, are starting to arrive in Canada, and should continue to do so for the next six weeks or so.

I think this time next month, most of us will have or VIN, and hopefully the vehicle.

Just to add one more datapoint, in Vancouver, ordered SR+ black exterior, white interior on May 2nd. Have a VIN as of 3 days ago and a computer generated delivery date of May 21st (which I'm told to just ignore and wait for a call instead). Hoping/expecting that call to be pretty soon.

Ordered SR+ black/black for delivery to Calgary service centre on May 14
Approved for financing on May 15
Contacted by delivery advisor on May 16 (today) and told that tentative delivery appointment is May 24!!

Quick turnaround!!
You are lucky! Must be that black/black is one of the most popular configurations, and they are shipping those first. Those of us waiting for white interiors from early March are envious.