Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Yeah the financing is a little screwy on the site. At first it looked like taxes and a few other things weren't included so I didn't put anything down on it. Later it came back with everything in it minus the deposit. It is better to throw money at the loan after anyways, sometimes they increase the interest rates when you put a down on it.
Yeah. It looks like the the financing site is a bit confusing. I traded my car and now for some reason it’s saying negative balance. I don’t know if I need to be worried about this. But my interest rate went down from my original quote which is a good thing. But everything else, I’m not sure.

Yes. In my case I got an evening call telling me I could pick it up the next day out of the blue. My insurance was able to do it last minute and fax Tesla all the necessary documents. What you can do, however, is call now and provide all the info you can so next time its already an active file and just need to provide the VIN. :)
Thanks. I did call my insurance company, and said they could only give me a quote for 2018 m3, because they could not find a VIN for 2019 m3 to make a realistic quote. Would you be able to reschedule if they call a day before the delivery? Or do you have to pick it up that day they tell you?

Your DA will send you an email with his direct line and email address once assigned.
They are not much help until you have a date and VIN, or want to switch to something in inventory.

I ordered May 3 and have never heard from a DA but I’ve got a delivery date now and I called in and found out I have a VIN assigned though it’s not on my page yet. The DA system seems to be a bit inconsistent.

I ordered May 3 and have never heard from a DA but I’ve got a delivery date now and I called in and found out I have a VIN assigned though it’s not on my page yet. The DA system seems to be a bit inconsistent.
Oh wow. I guess it’s different from one person to another. Yeah it looks like they’re inconsistent on the process. I just called tesla and told me whatever I see on my account is not accurate until I get my VIN and delivery date. I’m just going to do myself a favor and stop looking at it. Lol

Thanks for that info! I was wondering what to expect next. On the tesla account, everything was checked off except for the insurance part. I’m guessing that would be done when I get the VIN?
You can upload your current insurance for now, then update it just before delivery. Usually you get your VIN when the car leaves the factory, several days before pickup by you. Though if they match you with inventory, it happens much quicker.

You may have additional steps if you are financing, or doing a trade in.

Thanks. I did call my insurance company, and said they could only give me a quote for 2018 m3, because they could not find a VIN for 2019 m3 to make a realistic quote. Would you be able to reschedule if they call a day before the delivery? Or do you have to pick it up that day they tell you?
You can delay pickup for up to 7 days, otherwise they release the vehicle to someone else in line.

You can upload your current insurance for now, then update it just before delivery. Usually you get your VIN when the car leaves the factory, several days before pickup by you. Though if they match you with inventory, it happens much quicker.

You may have additional steps if you are financing, or doing a trade in.
Thanks. Is it necessary to upload my current insurance or is it okay just to leave it blank for now until the pick up day?

Thanks. Is it necessary to upload my current insurance or is it okay just to leave it blank for now until the pick up day?
You should be fine uploading anytime before pickup. I just put my current one up in a response to an email follow up from my DA, to complete that part. I will have the same policy #, just adding the Tesla VIN to existing one.

Are you saying you get a better interest quote without a downpayment? I've never seen that on a vehicle finance/ lease before (usually the rate only changes with term)

I've been told by my dad that it is possible that some banks do that. Its probably not a very common thing but I can see it being a thing if you deal with the bank directly. They might ask you if you will put a down on it before they tell you what they can do for you. Anyways, its more anecdotal but I think it could be plausible if you are not going through the dealership.