Welcome to Tesla Motors Club
Discuss Tesla's Model S, Model 3, Model X, Model Y, Cybertruck, Roadster and More.
Register

Are Canadians still getting Model 3s right now?

This site may earn commission on affiliate links.
Finally picked up my car today from oakville. The person helping me was David. Service was great i nicely asked for the Nema plug he said let me see what i can do and gave it free of charge. No mats though or cell phone cables. Was told its HW2.5 did not argue about it just said i expected otherwise and he said not to worry we will provide mobile service for HW3 replacements by the end of the year. Software is showing as 2019.16.2.

Delivery itself was great. He spent an hour explaining things i found a markish rub they buffed it out on the spot, there was a minor sratche inside the frunk they painted it but said i could come again to get it retouched properly. There was a small scratch inside the door where it hinges with the car they retouched that as well. We got two toy cars as well for my son.

Overall the car is great loved driving it, the brakes make a hissing sound we shall see if it goes away maybe because its a new car and needs to break in.

Let me know if you have any questions will post a picture of it soon. (Its raining in Toronto so want to take a nice one)

Last edited:
Finally picked up my car today from oakville. The person helping me was David. Service was great i nicely asked for the Nema plug he said let me see what i can do and gave it free of charge. No mats though or cell phone cables. Was told its HW2.5 did not argue about it just said i expected otherwise and he said not to worry we will provide mobile service for HW3 replacements by the end of the year. Software is showing as 2019.16.2.

Delivery itself was great. He spent an hour explaining things i found a markish rub they buffed it out on the spot, there was a minor sratche inside the frunk they painted it but said i could come again to get it retouched properly. There was a small scratch inside the door where it hinges with the car they retouched that as well. We got two toy cars as well for my son.

Overall the car is great loved driving it, the brakes make a hissing sound we shall see if it goes away maybe because its a new car and needs to break in.

Let me know if you have any questions will post a picture of it soon. (Its raining in Toronto so want to take a nice one)
Congrats! That’s really nice of him to give you a nema 14-50. I ordered one just in case I can’t get one.

Reactions: torontohm3wait
Hey guys... I am being lazy right now and I don't want to search around various threads... I am a Model S owner but am tryng to convince my sister to buy a Model 3. What if any incentives are available to Ontario residents right now and at what price point? Ideally, I think she'd want a non-performance AWD LR version but I'm open to thoughts. Thanks in advance.

• Disagree
Reactions: samk579
Hey guys... I am being lazy right now and I don't want to search around various threads... I am a Model S owner but am tryng to convince my sister to buy a Model 3. What if any incentives are available to Ontario residents right now and at what price point? Ideally, I think she'd want a non-performance AWD LR version but I'm open to thoughts. Thanks in advance.
In Ontario you can only get the Federal incentive of $5000 (after tax). There is no provincial incentive. The federal incentive can be applied only to the the SR (SR, SR+) variants because the MSRP is less than $55k.

Reactions: Struja
LOL. I was going to say the same thing (the part about Ford).

This is probably a dumb question but anyway to buy the SR model and then later "unlock" it to an LR to take advantage of the rebate?
Some report that Tesla will not unlock the SR- (software locked 150km version). The SR+ battery is smaller than the LR models. There is no way to software unlock these. There is no precedent of Tesla offering battery hardware upgrades.

• Informative
LOL. I was going to say the same thing (the part about Ford).

This is probably a dumb question but anyway to buy the SR model and then later "unlock" it to an LR to take advantage of the rebate?

No, the battery is smaller in the SR. I suppose in theory the battery could be replaced with a larger one, but that would negate the rebate. I'm not sure, but the motors may be physically different as well.

• Informative